Search for content in message boards

LAUBENTHAL, LYNCH, SIMMER, MEAD, DOLE, PUNG ~1900

LAUBENTHAL, LYNCH, SIMMER, MEAD, DOLE, PUNG ~1900

Posted: 26 Jul 2007 3:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LAUBENTHAL, LYNCH, SIMMER, MEAD, DOLE, PUNG
Seeking info on my g-gaffer, Nicholas LAUBENTHAL, and his family. They moved from Henry county OH around 1900, after he helped log off the Great Black Swamp of the Maumee River. Area families associated thru marriage: LYNCH, SIMMER, MEAD, DOLE, PUNG. The families were Catholic. Nicholas was buried in Calvary Cem, Sacred Heart Church, Nottawa twp; have no burial info on his wife Mara or the rest of the family. Any info appreciated!

Kenneth Thompson
Moline Acres (north StLouis County) MO

Re: LAUBENTHAL, LYNCH, SIMMER, MEAD, DOLE, PUNG ~1900

Posted: 26 Jul 2007 9:21PM GMT
I'm not related to this family.

1900 -
Name: Nicholas Laubenthrad [note spelling]
Home in 1900: Nottawa, Isabella, Michigan
Estimated birth year: Jan. 1841
Birthplace: Germany
Relationship to head-of-house: Head
Spouse's name: Mary
Race: White
Immigration Year: 1892

Nicholas Laubenthrad 59, married 32 yr
Mary Laubenthrad 49, 10/50, OH; she has had 10 children and thery are living
Joseph Laubenthrad 28, 4/72, OH
Frank Laubenthrad 20, 6/79, OH
William Laubenthrad 19, 2/81 OH
Myra I Laubenthrad 16, 3/89 OH
Clara J Laubenthrad 13, 8/86 OH
Alnora m Laubenthrad 11, 12/88 OH
Mary L Laubenthrad 9, 5/91 OH

1910 -
Name: Nicholas Laubenthal
Age in 1910: 69
Estimated birth year: abt 1841
Birthplace: Germany
Relation to Head of House: Head
Father's Birth Place: Germany
Mother's Birth Place: Germany
Spouse's name: Mary
Home in 1910: Nottawa, Isabella, Michigan
Marital Status: Married
Year of Immigration: 1852

Nicholas Laubenthal 69, married 41 yr
Mary Laubenthal 59, PA
May Laubenthal 18, OH

Living next to them are -
Name: William J Laubenthal
Age in 1910: 29
Estimated birth year: abt 1881
Birthplace: Ohio
Relation to Head of House: Head
Father's Birth Place: Germany
Mother's Birth Place: Pennsylvania
Spouse's name: Helena
Home in 1910: Nottawa, Isabella, Michigan

William J Laubenthal 29, Oh, farmer
Helena Laubenthal 27, MI, married 5 yr
Geraldine Laubenthal 4, MI
Howard Laubenthal 2, MI

1880 -
Name: Nic Laubenthal
Home in 1880: Pleasant, Henry, Ohio
Estimated birth year: abt 1841
Birthplace: Prussia
Relation to head-of-household: Self (Head)
Spouse's name: Mara
Father's name: Joseph
Father's birthplace: Prussia
Mother's birthplace: Prussia

Nic Laubenthal 39
Mara Laubenthal 29, OH
Anna Laubenthal 10, OH
Joseph Laubenthal 8, OH
Lizzie Laubenthal 6, OH
Emma Laubenthal 3, OH
Frank Laubenthal 11M, June' 79, OH
Joseph Laubenthal 68, OH [shoulde be Prussia]; father, works at store

Posted: 27 Jul 2007 1:19AM GMT
Surnames: LAUBENTHAL, LYNCH, SIMMER, MEAD, DOLE, PUNG
Thanks! I had everything but the 1900 census entry; hadn't seen that spelling before. Nicolas was also a Civil War vet, has a GAR memorial on his grave (even if it is spelled LOPENDAHL).
Was hoping to find more info on the families his children married into -- for example, Wm. Jacob's wife Helena was a DOLE. Frank Jerome married Christina PUNG, Emma Cecelia married Joseph SIMMER, Joseph George married Emaline SIMMER, Mary Luella married Francis LYNCH, and Myra Isabella married James MEAD. If any of those families are doing family research, will swap.
The other daughters that stayed down in Ohio (Anna, Elizabeth and Elnora) i have fairly well documented.

Posted: 2 Nov 2007 8:39PM GMT
Surnames: LAUBENTHAL, LYNCH
Nicholas and Mara Laubenthal are my great grandparents. They are both buried in Calvary Cemetery in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan. Nicholas is misspelled as "Nicholes" on the larger family stone, and yes, the civil war marker has "Lopendahl" on it. Their youngest child, Mary Luella "Mae" (my grandmother) is also buried there with her husband Francis Henry Lynch. Several other family graves are there, as well.
Mary Anne Niebyl (Arlington, Virginia)

Posted: 3 Nov 2007 3:00PM GMT
Surnames: LAUBENTHAL, LYNCH, WESTRICK
Mary Anne,
Thanks for the cemetery info -- by chance, would you have a picture of the family stone? I've been adding family to the FindAGrave database, in case you'd be interested. Let me know who all are buried in Calvary, and i'll add them in.
I know that i met your grandmother, but it was over 50 years ago, and the memory is a bit thin. Mom always referred to her as "Aunt Mae". We took Grandma (Nora Westrick) up that way a few times -- reunions, funerals, that sort of thing. Do you have any memory of the cousins who lived over by Houghton Lake?
For the small-world department: our son lived just down the road from you a piece, in Fairfax VA.
Ken Thompson

Posted: 20 Sep 2008 1:57AM GMT
Nicholas is my g-gfather, Myra is my grandmother. Myra and James are buried in the Calvery cemetery just east of Nicholas. If you haven't received a pic on the Laubenthal family marker yet let me know and I'll get you one plus a pic Nicholas Civil War marker. The GAR star was placed at Nicholas marker was placed there by me. I have some information on Nicholas if you would like even some copies of his civil war records.

Matt Mead
Shepherd Michigan

Posted: 21 Sep 2008 1:10AM GMT
Surnames: LAUBENTHAL MEAD, LYNCH
Hello Matt!
We're 2nd cousins. My grandmother was Ella Nora, daughter of Nicholas. I've been corresponding with Mary Anne Niebyl, another 2nd cousin, granddaughter of Mary Luella (Aunt Mae) Lynch. Mary Anne sent me scans of photos of the Laubenthal stone, a memorial card for Nicholas, photos of his GAR memorial. and some old family photos. I knew that Alice Marie Mead was buried in Calvary; wasn't sure about James & Myra. I've been entering family into the FindAGrave database, along with portraits a/o gravestone photos, when i could find them. You might want to sign on there, go to Calvary Cemetery, Isabella County, and see who else i'm missing. Also, i found Lyman III in Salt River Cemetery, Shepherd; any other relatives buried there?
In case you didn't know: Nicholas had 2 brothers. Antone Bernard settled in Athens AL, John Jacob settled in Mobile AL. I've been in contact, got a bit on the family down there. There was also a sister born in Ohio; have some data for her. And, a nice man back in Germany, who has a connection by marriage to the Laubenthals, sent charts for Joseph & Katharina going back a few generations in Kaifenheim.
If you're interested in any of this, give me an email-addy and i'll start sending it along. Best be a big mailbox, as some of the files are large.
Ken Thompson

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 3:08AM GMT
feel free to look at my tree that has quite a bit on your families! Always looking for more, as well!

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 3:20AM GMT
take a look at my Isabella Co, MI tree, it has plenty of info on many families. If you find something useful, Great! If you have something you would like to share, that would be Great, also! Hope you take a look.

Posted: 18 Oct 2012 3:34AM GMT
Surnames: LYNCH, MEAD, DOLE, SIMMER, LAUBENTHAL
Would love to take a look! But as a non-paying member, am not allowed to. Am fairly sure the Lynch line is Irish, possibly also Mead & Dole. Simmer & Laubenthal definitely German.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions