Search for content in message boards

1900 Currituck Co -Poplar Branch Census

1900 Currituck Co -Poplar Branch Census

Posted: 26 Aug 2013 10:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
I would like to find the area where my great grandmother lived when my grandmother was 5 yrs old. The 1900 census have her living near Hollis Barco - John and Eliz Melson - John Aydlott - Guard and Moor families and also George Gallop - Truxton Sykes. If any of these names stand out to you and you can point me to the area in the Section called Poplar Branch I would appreciate it - I'm thinking it's near Jarvisburg and Powells Pt today.... does those names stand out... my ggrandmother was Nancy James Chaplin Twiddy or Jimmy Nan Twiddy... anybody know anything about John & Elizabeth Melson. Was there a boarding house in that area? She was a seamstress and unmarried. Thanks Doris Ann White Younts dayounts@hotmail.com

Re: 1900 Currituck Co -Poplar Branch Census

Posted: 27 Aug 2013 3:26AM GMT
Go to this site for a map of Currituck Co. http://www.ncgenweb.us/currituck/maps/1921currituck.html

The Guard family there is my Mother's parents.

Jean

Posted: 24 Sep 2013 9:46PM GMT
You did not give any names for your g. grandmother or your grandmother. If you post that I may be able to help you. The Melson, Aydlott, Guard and Gallop families are all direct lines of mine.

Jean

Posted: 24 Sep 2013 10:51PM GMT
Jean - thanks for your reply - I did mention my ggrandmother's name in the post - Her name is Nancy James Chaplin Twiddy (daughter of James Chaplin III of Tyrrell Co) was known to others and also listed on the 1900 census as Jimmy Nan Twiddy. My grandmother was 5 yrs old and her name was Pattie Elizabeth Twiddy.
Any help would be appreciated

Posted: 24 Nov 2013 10:59PM GMT
Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. Of course, I see where you did mention their names, this has just been a very tough time personally for me these past few months. Why don't you email me directly at jfstms -@- bellsouth.net (naturally remove the dashes and write the address altogether) and I'll see if I can help you.

Jean
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions