Search for content in message boards

Photo Thumbnails Don't Display In Tree View

Photo Thumbnails Don't Display In Tree View

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 4:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have uploaded my tree from FTM 2012 including photos of many individuals. Two of the photos show when in tree mode but all of the others have a generic gray photo with a circle in the middle and a capital L in the circle. If I bring up the details for an individual, the photos are linked as primary photos. All of the photos are .jpg with the same dimensions as the ones that work properly. Why don't the remaining photos show when looking at the tree?

Re: Photo Thumbnails Don't Display In Tree View

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 6:29PM GMT
Probably because the media is still processing. Depending on how many photos you have in your tree, the media processing can take a LONG time.

In FTM look for the "media processing" progress bar at the top right and in the Tree Sync status box.

Posted: 14 Feb 2013 7:54PM GMT
The 'media processing' completed over 24 hours ago. Also, I uploaded an additional photo a short time ago and it displays just fine. The strange thing is that the thumbnails do display when I'm viewing the detail on an individual. On the detail page where it shows 'Family Members', all the thumbnails are visible. I'm attaching an image of what I see instead of the proper thumbnail.
Attachments:

Posted: 16 Feb 2013 7:00PM GMT
Several days have passed and now the thumbnails are displaying properly.

Thanks for your help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions