Search for content in message boards

IVY PERRY 20 Stacey Street London WC1

IVY PERRY 20 Stacey Street London WC1

Posted: 6 Jul 2013 9:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Jul 2013 12:43PM GMT
Surnames: PERRY
Hi Community can anyone help. Ivy Perry's child, Sheila Perry(now 79) was born on 7.12.1933 at the original Charring Cross Hospital and was adopted. The Birth certificate stated that the mother Ivy Perry lived at 20 Stacey Street WC1.So I am trying to find out what happened to Ivy Perry, did she marry, has she a Family line so that I can pass details onto Sheila.
I do not know when IVY was born or where. I estimate she may have been about 20 in 1933 making date of birth 1913/14. Assume she may have been born in London with a WC1 address in 1933.
The East side of Stacey ST was bombed in 1940 and demolished in February 1941.The Greater London Atlas now gives Stacey ST as WC2.

Re: IVY PERRY 20 Stacey Street London WC1

Posted: 7 Jul 2013 6:09PM GMT
Hi

Are there any other first names or initials for Ivy Perry on her daughter's birth certificate or is she just shown as 'Ivy'?

I ask as I've found 19 Ivy Perrys born in London between 1910 and 1920 - all but one have other initials.

This info should help narrow down the search.

Carol

Posted: 7 Jul 2013 10:44PM GMT
Hi Carol, Thanks for taking time out to reply. No, there is no middle name of IVY PERRY on the birth certificate as Mother. Also the old Charring Cross Hospital just down the road from Stacey Street apparently I was told it had its records destroyed in a fire maybe ditto in WW2 as East side Stacey Street. East side is now Phoenix Gardens, an open Garden space with a website expressing some pre WW2 residential photos.
What do you think?

Regards Lockshields

Posted: 8 Jul 2013 3:47PM GMT
Whether or not the old Charing Cross Hospital had its records destroyed by fire is academic. Hospital records are closed for 100 years so you would not be allowed to see anything they might have. It is just possible that it might be admitted that a certain name was admitted but nothing else.

Posted: 8 Jul 2013 9:51PM GMT
Hi

There are so many possible Ivy Perrys... this is going to be tough to crack! I'm still working on it...

Really interesting to see halpark's information on hospital records. Halpark I wonder what you think about a woman giving birth in hospital - rather than at home - in 1933: would there be complications or more likely that she had no 'home' to give birth in?

Thank you

Posted: 9 Jul 2013 10:28PM GMT
Yes halpark, I too appreciate your reply, sometimes it is not the status quo but who you know. Westminster Council via the then Social Services may know if IVY PERRY contacted them or what Westminster may know as regards IVY's future and where she went.
This was a different era, where a girl not married,(as it seems), had a problem. Why just the girl though, what about the Father? There are some pictures of residential accommodation at that time of Stacey Street as previously quoted. If IVY was still at Stacey Street, not yet married, in 1940, when East side was bombed,(approx. 7 years after the Birth of Sheila, where did the residents go?).
On a more positive note I posted a communal message about my mothers cousin, I call her Auntie now and lo, she was found and still living, we are in touch! Such is life. So nothing is ever written in stone.
Thank you for any help on IVY PERRY, anymore thoroughly appreciated for the Lady Sheila in question.

Regards lockshields

Posted: 10 Jul 2013 1:33PM GMT
I would be very wary of assuming Ivy Perry was born in the area. My mother was born and adopted in London around the same time as Sheila & her mother came from Leicestershire!

Sue

Posted: 11 Jul 2013 8:41PM GMT
Thanks Susan, Yes I know what you mean, but I am following a feeling, so it's London in the first place.
Regards Lockshields
per page

Find a board about a specific topic