Search for content in message boards

Looking for Loertscher Family members

Looking for Loertscher Family members

Posted: 4 Oct 2005 8:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Loertscher and Zmutt
I'm trying to trace the Loertscher family. I know my Grandfather is Eugene Frank Loertscher he was born in 1916 in Idaho. His parents were Gottlieb Loertscher and Elizabeth Zmutt. Any help I can get would be great!

DeAnn

Re: Looking for Loertscher Family members

Kathryn Brough (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 2005 3:09PM GMT
DeAnn, My name is Kathryn Loertscher Brough(pronounced Bruff). My parents are Ernest and Louise Loertscher, my dad and Eugene are brothers. Both of my parents have passed away. Most of my brothers and sisters live in Montpelier or surrounding areas still. I have one brother in Logan, Utah and one sister in Salt Lake City. You said Eugene was your grandfather, who are your parents? I haven't seen anyone in your family since I was quite young. We lived up Montpelier Canyon then. Anyway, I also live in Montpelier currently and was just checking a local website and saw that you were looking for Loertscher family members. I would be glad to help you with what information I can. Email me back and I'll see what I can do. Kathryn Brough

Posted: 5 Oct 2005 4:05PM GMT
Hi Kathryn! My parents are Don Loertscher and Gloria. My parents got divorced in 1982 or 83. And his brother is John Loertscher and he has two sisters Barbara and Patricia. My dad Don just recently passed away on Sept. 8, 2005. He was living in California which is where his brother John and his sister Patricia live. Don's other sister lives in Iowa. I'm living in Texas which I moved here in 1987 with my mom Gloria and my step dad and my sister. Which my sister died when she was 27 on Feb. 14, 1998. I dont know if you know but in the Loertscher family there is a blood disorder which my sister died from and we believe my dad died from also. And we believe Eugene did also now after looking at his death certificate. My uncle John which is Eugene's son as well he suffers from this blood disorder as well and he has been since he was 25. I have it also which I found this out after I had my son in Dec. of 1998. My sister that died from it she has 2 boys which are 13 and almost 16 the oldest has it also. I hope we can talk further. Its nice to see another Loertscher out there. Maybe we can share information on your side and also Eugene's side of the family.
DeAnn Massey ( Loertscher )

Kathryn Brough (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 2005 6:19PM GMT
Hi Deann, Sorry to hear about your Dad. What is the name of the blood disorder? I'm not familiar with any blood disorders in our family. I did forward your messages to my sister Ruth who lives in Salt Lake City, UT; maybe she knows something further. What's your email address? I'd like to send you more info on our family if you'd like. Thanks, Kathryn

Posted: 5 Oct 2005 6:38PM GMT
The name of the blood disorder is called Factor 5 Leiden. My e-mail address is suga2swt4u@aol.com. I would really like to know more about our family. Thanks!
DeAnn

Ann Hunter (View posts)
Posted: 6 Oct 2005 8:55PM GMT
I work at the Family History Center and so I looked in the Birth Records and didn't find him in 1916. I see in the Montpelier Cemetery record that his parents are both buried in Montpelier. There are 4 Loertscher families living in Bear lake that are listed in the phone book. Grant, Jim, John, and Paul. Sorry I couldn't find anything else.

Posted: 7 Oct 2005 1:05AM GMT
Thank you so much for the information you did find for me.

Posted: 13 May 2011 6:20PM GMT
Hello

I think, you have Swiss-Roots?
The places of origin, of the Loertscher and Zmutt families, are both in the same area, close to the City of Thun, canton of Bern. Zmutt is a very rare family name. I found only 7 entries in the Swiss directories.
Places of origin:
Zmutt: Zwieselberg, Canton of Bern and Zermatt, Canton Valais.
Loertscher: Spiez, Wimmis, Diemtigen, Oberwil im Simmental, all situated in the Canton of Bern and Hubersdorf, Canton of Solothurn.
Do you know more about the Zmutt family in the US?

Greatings from Switzerland
Andreas

Posted: 16 May 2011 10:48AM GMT

Have you tried findagrave.com , or the familysearch.org, websites?

Posted: 5 Apr 2012 5:44PM GMT
Hi Bear Lake.... I'm also trying to find out more about my Loertscher family. Did you end up finding anything since this post?

I've found that my G-G-Grandfather, Christian Loertscher was born in Spiez, Switzerland in 1845. But I have been unable to find his immigration, which I think would help solidify this.

I will be traveling to that area of Switzerland this summer and would love to really know if this is in fact where my family was from.

Does any of that sound familiar to you?
Best -- Brooke
per page

Find a board about a specific topic