Search for content in message boards

Shannahan/Shanahan

Shannahan/Shanahan

Posted: 6 Apr 2009 6:52AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Shannahan/Shanahan
Does anyone have any information on Annie/Ann/Anna Shannahan/Shanahan? Death certificate states she was born in Tullamore, County Kerry Ireland. Parents names unknown. However, Death certificate states she was 30 years and 9 days. She died Feb 23 1892 so she had to have been born in Feb 1862, between the 14th & the 15th. Can someone help. Thank you. Maye B-T

Re: Shannahan/Shanahan

Posted: 7 Apr 2009 8:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
You may not know that the 1911 Kerry census is now on line.
So I put in the name Shanahan from Tullamore and found one
large family, and another young girl staying with a family other than her own.Tullamore is near Ballylongford and Listowel,if you want to look at a map.
So to check the site,put in the surname ;Shanahan,
the Townland/Street;Tullamore, and the important one DED;
Shronowen.You will also have to put in Kerry of course.
Hope this gives you something. Angela from Kerry.

Posted: 11 Apr 2009 4:09AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Thank you for responding to my post....Still frustrated... exactly what site are you going into???? I have been in a 1911 site, but no where does it ask me to input name, nor am I able to find name. I also noticed that there does not seem to be a 1861 census, which is one I would need the most. At least to see  if Anne is listed with family as a child. Can you let me know the site I should be on and how to narrorw things down? Thank youMaye B-T

Posted: 13 Apr 2009 12:30PM GMT
There are no census available for the dates 1861 as they were destroyed during a fire in Dublin c 1922.
The only one on line at the moment 1911 is at
www.census.nationalarchives.ie
Sorry I forgot to put in the site address. Angela.

Posted: 14 Apr 2009 11:41AM GMT
Surnames: Shanahan
Angela;

Thank You, Now the next step, I believe would be I would have to write the County, is that correct? Would the county have other records aside from the census? Is there a county address I could write.? Since both families I am looking for were Catholic would there be church records? How do I get a list of Catholic churches in the county? Does Ireland take US currancy or would I have to confert?

Thank you
Sincerly
Maye B-T

Posted: 16 Apr 2009 9:33PM GMT
There is a partial commissioned research service at
Killarney Genealogical Centre,Cathedral walk,Killarney,Co.Kerry .Tel (064)35946.
Or else try writing to the priest of the Parish that you think your ancestor came from,Tullamore.
Try Fr.Hegarty,PP St.Johns'Church ,Ballybunion,Co.Kerry.
If you do a search for Priests of Co.Kerry you may find others that you could write to.A.

Posted: 17 Apr 2009 3:44PM GMT
Did Ann marry and have any children,her birth was just before civil registration 1864, did she have any younger siblings, there were 3 Shanahan familys in Listowel DED having children between 1864 / 1975, one may be Ann's family.

Brendan

PS if she did have children, her first male may be a pointer to her father's name, also the fact that the mother's name below may also be a pointer

This record is the first Shanahan recorded birth in Listowel from 1864

SHANAHAN, Maurice Birth
Birth Date: 28 Dec 1868 Birthplace: 553, Listowel, Kerry, Ire
Recorded in: Kerry, Ireland
Collection: Civil Registration
Father: Patrick SHANAHAN
Mother: Anne KEANE
Source: FHL Film 101184 Dates: 1868 - 1869

Posted: 17 Apr 2009 4:48PM GMT
The Anne Shannahan I am looking for was know as Annie, As I mentioned she was born probally in Feb of 1860 in Tullamore County Kerry Ireland. This I got from her death announcement in the Chicago Tribune dated Wed, Feb 24, 1892. It states she was aged 30years and 9 days. I do not know when she came to the US. SHe married John Daly, (who I am also looking for information on) on the 27th of Oct 1883, in the city of Chicago, in Cook county, USA. Old St Patrick's Catholic Church. Children were 1. John Born 1884 died as an infant. 2. Nora, my mothers paternal grandmother.(1885-1968.) 3. Joseph (1887-1955). There is no information on her deah certificate except that she died of Puerperal Fever. Date of death Feb 23, 1892. She is buried at Calvery Cementery, Cook county, Chicago, IL. No information in regards to family is available at the cementery, Church or paper as I have tried all.

Thank you
Maye B-T

Posted: 17 Apr 2009 4:49PM GMT
The Anne Shannahan I am looking for was know as Annie, As I mentioned she was born probally in Feb of 1860 in Tullamore County Kerry Ireland. This I got from her death announcement in the Chicago Tribune dated Wed, Feb 24, 1892. It states she was aged 30years and 9 days. I do not know when she came to the US. SHe married John Daly, (who I am also looking for information on) on the 27th of Oct 1883, in the city of Chicago, in Cook county, USA. Old St Patrick's Catholic Church. Children were 1. John Born 1884 died as an infant. 2. Nora, my mothers paternal grandmother.(1885-1968.) 3. Joseph (1887-1955). There is no information on her deah certificate except that she died of Puerperal Fever. Date of death Feb 23, 1892. She is buried at Calvery Cementery, Cook county, Chicago, IL. No information in regards to family is available at the cementery, Church or paper as I have tried all.

Thank you
Maye B-T

Posted: 17 Apr 2009 4:56PM GMT
Correction, Annie's date of birth shold be Feb 1862. Also 1st male child was named John, I assumed afte her husband. @nd named Joseph. Just don't know any more. But Thank you for responding to my post
per page

Find a board about a specific topic