Search for content in message boards

Hallie Slucher Saunders

Hallie Slucher Saunders

Posted: 10 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 6 May 2003 3:21PM GMT
Surnames: SAUNDERS, SLUCHER, SHOUSE, HILL, RUCKER, SULLIVAN, MOFFETT, DELLING
Hallie Belle Slucher Saunders, age 86, of Graefenburg, died Jan. 2, 1992 in Franklin Co., Ky. Burial in the Bagdad Cemetery, Shelby Co., Ky. A native of Shelby Co., was a member of the Graefenburg Baptist Church. She was the daughter of the late Forrest and Nora Shouse Slucher and the widow of James E. Saunders. She is survived by three sons; James A. Saunders, Anchorage, Johnny Saunders, Shelbyville, and Paul Saunders, Nicholasville; five daughters, Margaret Hill and Edith Hill, both of Frankfort, Lucille Rucker, Elizabeth Sullivan, and Shirley Moffett, all of Anderson Co.; two brothers, Leonard Slucher and Garnett Slucher; one sister, Margaret Delling, all of Shelby Co.; twenty-four grandchildren; and 39 great-grandchildren. She was proceded in death by two children, Robert and Frances Saunders. LeCompte-Johnson Funeral Home handled the arrangements.

(Sources: Sentinel News, Shelbyville & State Journal, Frankfort)

Re: Hallie Slucher Saunders

Posted: 13 Jan 2002 12:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Jun 2005 5:54AM GMT
Bonnie, I am familiar with Aunt Hallie. My grandmother, Margarete is her sister. She just celebrated her 86th birthday. Your dad wouldn't be Leonard Slucher by any chance? Kathy

Bonnie Hahn (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2002 3:40AM GMT
Surnames: SAUNDERS, SLUCHER, WOOD, RUCKER
Kathy; Leonard Slucher is not my dad, he is although a neighbor and a long time friend to my husband. James Albert Saunders, son of Hallie, is married to my cousin, Norma Lee (Wood) Saunders. Her father, Vernon Wood, was a brother to my grandmother, Leva Beard (Wood) Craig. Do you know Norma Lee?

Lucille Rucker? Who is she? My mother's maiden name is Rucker and her family is from Henry Co., Ky. Could there be a connection?
Bonnie

Posted: 15 Jan 2002 2:28AM GMT
Edited: 12 Jun 2005 5:54AM GMT
Bonnie, I don't know the Lucille Rucker you asked about, but my Mom may. Her name is Charlotte Delling Wilson. Do you know her? Her mother, Margarete and Hallie are sisters. Can you email me at my hotmail account and I will see about getting you two together. I can't wait to hear from you. Kathy

Posted: 21 May 2002 2:54AM GMT
Hello Neighbor,

I am working on the Slucher and Shouse lines. Lucille Rucker is the daughter of James & Hallie Slucher Saunders and is married to William (Bill) Rucker born on June 5, 1932. I am not sure but I think he is an Anderson County native. If he does fit into your family line, let me know. I have a list of their children and grandchildren.

Don Slucher
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions