Search for content in message boards

Griggs in York County

Griggs in York County

Posted: 13 Jan 2013 10:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Griggs, Potts
Would like to hear from anyone researching the Griggs surname in York County,PA, especially Theophilus Griggs and wife Melinda (Mann) Griggs and James Griggs and wife Abigail(Potts)Griggs who all lived in the Warrington area.

Re: Griggs in York County

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 2:39AM GMT
Surnames: Griggs
Is the James Griggs in the 1830 census of York County one of the Griggs you mentioned?

Posted: 18 Jan 2013 2:07AM GMT
Yes, I think so. I believe James Griggs, wife Abigail Griggs, along with daughter Clarinda were the ones counted on the Census. Abigail died in 1831 according to undocumented info I have. I believe James moved to Northumberland County, PA sometime before 1840. At that time there were 7 people in the household. I'm looking for more documentation on James such as his marriage to Abigail on 26 May 1829, and who James' parents were. Also,an obituary on Abigail who died 8 July 1831 and where she was buried. And was James in the Civil War?

Posted: 26 Jan 2013 10:21PM GMT
Here's what the York count Newberry township taxes say. James griggs is there from 1829-1831. He is a potter. In the 1830 census they only have 1 male under 5. Doesn't seem like your James Griggs
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions