Search for content in message boards

Lester D. Jones; who are his parents?

Lester D. Jones; who are his parents?

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 5:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Feb 2013 7:30AM GMT
Surnames: Nickey, Jones
Hello,

Problem: Lester D. Jones (b. ? 19 Jun 1907 in PA or MD -- d. ? Aug 1974 in York Co.) is married to Viola M. Nickey (b. 17 Feb 1908 in York Co. -- d 13 Oct 1997 in York Co). They were married 4 Sep 1926 in York Co. Both the 1930 and 1940 U.S. Federal Census include this married couple. They different in the birthplace of Lester, in the 1930 Census it is Maryland and in the 1940 Census it is Pennsylvania.

Viola M. (Nickey) Jones is my second cousin once removed. Any information or clues that could answer who is Lester's parents would be greatly appreciated and helpful.

I'm doing geology research on George Niecke direct (Nickey surname) descendants and their spouses. I do not research spouse's descendants or their family. I currently have linked 1,638 individuals that may fit the above criteria. I am willing to share all or any of my database. All assistance in this effort is greatly appreciated. If desired, I can also be contacted at Sewbee2@aol.com.

Thank you and best wishes, Bradley (Brad) Baer Nickey

Re: Lester D. Jones; who are his parents?

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 4:28AM GMT
In the 1920 census of York Co. It lists David Francis Jones age 32 b. MD, his wife is Anna age 33 b.PA. Children are Lester age 14, b. PA. Wilbert age 7, b. MD, Marvin age 5 b.MD and Hollis (dau) age 2 5/12 b. MD It was e numerated in January of 1920 so unless his birthday was before this was taken in January.. this is the most likely.. I hope this helps..

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 4:29AM GMT
Hello,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Your information on the probable parents of Lester is very helpful. I found the same individual's 1930 and 1940 U.S. Census, but it does not contain information on his parents. I did not want to start a more far-reaching effort on this Lester without knowing his parents. Your 1920 information fills in the holes and allows me to do a more detail study. The combined conflicting birthplaces and no other potential subject now strongly warrants addition research effort by me. Your information, generosity and effort is greatly appreciated.

Best wishes, Brad

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 2:58PM GMT
Your welcome.. I hope I was helpful..
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions