Search for content in message boards

Skinner family of Devon, England

Skinner family of Devon, England

Chris (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2004 12:13PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Skinner
I am looking for connections to the Skinner family of Devon. I have a Hannah Skinner born 1782 Devon and married to William Keall. Her father is Powell Skinner. Please e-mail me if you have a connection. Thanks.

Re: Skinner family of Devon, England

Posted: 21 Mar 2009 9:16AM GMT
Surnames: Skinner
Hello there,

I am also on the search for a family tree of the Skinner family, in Devonshire. I have the Skinners in my family history, by two generations so far, my Mum, Patricia Kathline Skinner and her Father, my Grandfather Edward Skinner. The only place that I can remember them living is in a small village called Coffinswell, just outside Newton Abbott. If you have any other datails, I would love to hear from you. I do know my Great Grandfather, died in the first world war, but do not know his name or any history of him.

Posted: 10 Sep 2011 9:04PM GMT
Hi I am looking for details of the parents of James Skinner (born around 1819) living in Devon England. He was married to Eliza, and had children called John Skinner, Samuel Tunstall Skinner and Amelia Catherine Skinner.
Samuel T Skinner (born around 1846) then went on to have a child called Walter John T Skinner ( 1863) who had a son called James Henry T Skinner (1901) etc all of whom lived in the Devon area.

The family spread out quite well form the mid 18 hundreds, but I am stuck progressing back before James Skinner in 1819, any help would be appreciated.

Posted: 15 Sep 2011 12:39PM GMT
Hi I have only made it back as far as 1819, so an not sure about a connection to your Hannah. If I find one I will let you know.

Posted: 15 Sep 2011 12:44PM GMT
Hi, the Only Edward I have is an Alfred, Edward Skinner born in Plymouth around 1860. Not sure if that is any help to you.
No information on his life after that. The alfred Edward I have is brother of the James Skinner in my original post.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions