Search for content in message boards

Adding something tonight

Adding something tonight

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 5:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
All of a sudden I am getting nothing-this usually means they are adding or changing something-usually happens this time of night-guess they don't expect anyone to be working tonight. I'm getting a blank screen and the little spinner just keeps spinnging, spinning, spinning even after a couple of minutes or so. Yep, somthing new has been added. After several minutes search cleared up. Pasting in new thing that has been added right under the name of the person. Intrusive to me. Did we ask for that?

Mavis C. Posey
View relationship to me
Birth abt Oct 1921 in Alabama
Death Living

Re: Adding something tonight

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 5:52AM GMT
And here I was hoping it was the dna raw data... talk about disappointed!

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 6:14AM GMT
Nothing sneaks by you MB.

This makes it SO much easier for authors-who-think-they-are-genealogists to calculate their 64th great grandfather of their husband of their 1st cousin 7x removed.

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 1:10AM GMT
I'm late in the conversation but...

Last night, about 10-11 p.m. (EST), I was adding a census record to my tree but edited the location information to my preferred format (as well as with the additional information on the record left out of ACOM's "auto-fill" entry for date and location). I tried to copy and paste my edited version of the information to another person's entry in the same household but it wouldn't work. Since it's near the end of February, my 1st thought was ACOM was making final preparation for making the new (and annoying) "attaching" records process permanent.

Posted: 22 Feb 2013 3:48AM GMT
And if you inadvertently click it, the relationship is there forever. It doesn't "unclick" to not show the relationship. Put it back where it belongs - hidden.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions