Search for content in message boards

Lookup in Zeigler's Church records please

Lookup in Zeigler's Church records please

Posted: 29 Mar 2013 3:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Mar 2013 4:48PM GMT
Surnames: MILLER, SNYDER, FOLKEMER
I'm hoping that someone will have access to marriage records from Zeigler's St. Paul's Lutheran Church in N.Codorus Twp and will look up 2 marriages for me.

#1....Susan Snyder and Lewis/Louis Miller, married on March 19, 1871.

#2....Lamanda Folkemer and Daniel Miller about 1875, give or take a year.

Sincere thanks!

Helen

Re: Lookup in Zeigler's Church records please

Posted: 30 Mar 2013 1:35AM GMT
Hi Helen - I have access to all of Zeigler's birth/baptism/marriage recirds dating back to 1771, and there are no marriage records documented for the time period. There are birth/baptism entries for a Susannah Snyder, Lewis Miller, and Lamanda Folkemmer. There is no entry for Daniel Miller. I don't know if these are the people you are looking for; but if you think they may be, I'd be happy to share their birth/baptism info. Todd

Posted: 30 Mar 2013 1:56AM GMT
Yes Todd, I would very much appreciate the birth dates for Susannah Snyder, Lewis Miller and Lamanda Folkemer. Would that information include parents names? If not I would still like dates.

At this point every bit of information is very helpful!

Thank you,

Helen

Posted: 30 Mar 2013 3:32AM GMT
Hi Helen,

Hope this is helpful:

Susannah Snyder; born 14 Feb 1852; parents are George & Magdalena Snyder

Lamanda Folkemmer; born 27 Oct 1836; parents are Elias & Elisa Folkemmer

Lewis Miller; born 20 Dec 1855; parents are John & Rebecca Miller

Todd

Posted: 30 Mar 2013 3:56AM GMT
Hi Todd,

Yes thanks, that is very helpful. This is not the Lewis Miller I'm looking for, but the ladies probably are the ones I need.

May I ask you...where should I be looking for marriage records at that time in the 1800s? There is a posting on the familysearch.org online IGI file that shows the marriage of Susan Snyder and Lewis Miller (I know now which Lewis it was)on 19 March, 1871. I chose Zeigler's as a possibly marriage place because I knew that it was Susan's parents' church. There is nothing included in the online York Co archives records......So....I don't know where else to look. The Mormon's will not give out any info on things donated to them and included in the IGI file. I don't really have proof of the marriage.

If you have any suggestions I would appreciate hearing them!

Many thanks again...

Helen

Posted: 30 Mar 2013 4:07AM GMT
Helen,

Let me see if I can find anything for you Saturday at the York County Heritage Trust library, if you haven't already looked there. York County Archives has some marriage records for 1852-1853, and then starting in 1885, so I suggest you focus on church records.

Todd

Posted: 30 Mar 2013 2:35PM GMT
Thank you. No, I haven't been to the YCHT. I don't travel to do research anymore. If you can find anything I would be grateful.

I know that the Daniel and Lewis Miller I mentioned were not originally from York Co. They emigrated from Allendorf/Lumda, Hessen in 1861 and were in N. Codorus Twp by 1870 with their mother Catharine. Sometime after that the men and their wives moved to Baltimore, MD. I'm not sure if their mother died in York Co or if she also moved to Baltimore.

If you find a trace of the marriages I'll appreciate it. If not, that's the way some of these searches end, isn't it?

Helen

Posted: 31 Mar 2013 2:12PM GMT
Helen I have the Lamanda Folkemer line back to 1722 in Germany. Do you have it too?
Ed M

Posted: 1 Apr 2013 10:44PM GMT
Hi Ed,
No, I don't have any history on Lamanda Folkemer's family. I never heard of her until several weeks ago.I have a copy of her obit/death record from Baltimore and expect to have a copy of her death certificate within the next week. If you'd like to know what is in that I'll let you know. If this is the correct Lamanda I'll be interested in knowing about her family.

I do have Daniel Miller's ancestry way back in Germany.... Names of 2 more generations back after the Mueller born in 1776, and his mother's family back to about 1580.If you have any interest in that I'm glad to share. My information comes from the Mormon films of German churches for Mueller and the family book of Mainzlar, Hessen, for the Fortbachs.

Thanks for your interest!

Helen

Posted: 3 Apr 2013 12:37AM GMT
Surnames: Folkemer,Gippel, Geiselman,Walter,Frinsch
The will of Elias Folkemer, York County will HH-574, was probated 6 Mar 1893. Elias died 19 Feb 1893. He was born 29 May 1812.
The will mentions his second wife Mary Ann. (His first wife Elizabeth was born 3 Feb 1812 and died Jan 1848.) It lists his children:
Amanda ( Mrs Daniel Miller)
Nathan
Jacob
Octavia (Mrs Henry Geise)
Priscilla(Mrs Washington Henry)
Clementine(Mrs Jacob Gentzler)

The father of Elias is Jacob Folcummer born July 24, 1766 died Sept 25, 1849. He is buried at St Paul’s Cemetery, North Codorus. His wife is Anna Mary Walter born Sept 8, 1775 died March 19, 1853. They had the following children: Jacob, Elias, Ester, Lydia, Leah, Regina.

The father of Jacob b. 1766 is Jacob b.1733 and died 27 Dec 1828. The mother of Jacob is Eva Catherine born Dec 21, 1734 died Sept 26, 1817.
Their children were Jacob who married Anna Mary Walter
Michael 1770-1772
Anna Mary 1773-1833 unmarried
Philip 1775 dy
Philip 1776-1856
Michael 1779 dy
Eva Catherine 1779 dy
Eva Elizabeth unmarried

Jacob b.1733 had a patent application for 70 Acres in North Codorus dated 12 Feb 1767. It was surveyed 24 Dec 1769 and had been improved for a year.
Anna Mary Walter was the daughter of Johan George Walter b. 23 May 1752 died 6 May 1829 in Codorus and Maria Catherine Geiselman 25 Dec 1754 – 25 Nov 1832 the daughter of Johan Michael Geiselman and Maria Wilhelmina Frinsch.

John George Walter was the son of Johan Jacob Walter and Margaretha Gippel. John Jacob was born 24 Feb 1722 and died 26 July 1784 in Codorus Twp.

This is it for now. It wasn't obvious who Elizabeth was perhaps a marriage record for one of her children wmight have it.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic