Search for content in message boards

koen and Hurst families

koen and Hurst families

Betsy Koen Morris (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Keown, Hurst, Johnston, Johnson, Love, Grainger, McGoldrick, McBride
The Hurst and Keown families were living in the civil parish of Derryvullan in the 1821 census. William Keown born 1800 married Sarah/Sally Hurst about 1822 and then this young married couple emigrated to Kingston, Ontario, Canada about 1822-1823. They had eleven children born in Kingston Twp. In the following years most of their siblings also emigrated to Kingston area. Patrick Keown married Margaret McBride. Mary Keown married Andrew Grainger/Granger. Teresa Hurst married Francis Johnson/Johnston. Joe Hurst married Rosey McGoldrick. Missing James and Alexander Hurst from any records in Kingston area.
The parents of the Hurst children were Alexander Hurst born 1776 and Mary Johnson born 1780. They were living at the townland of Dring in 1821. Old Alexander emigrated with his daughter in 1852 but died just after arriving in Canada.

any information on any of these families is greatly appreciated., Betsy

Re: koen and Hurst families

Posted: 28 Oct 2012 3:14AM GMT
Surnames: Hurst
great information - thank you - do you have any information on the hurst family before the migrated? I seem to hit a brick wall alexander and mary in county Fermanaugh Ireland. They are my 2nd great grandpartents.

again, thank you

Re: koen and Hurst families

Posted: 15 Apr 2013 5:55PM GMT
Surnames: cowan
DEAr Family,Iam the Granddaughter of everettn.cowanPlease let me know why william died .Iam doing medical history on our family. Please respond by e-mail,Thanks Doreen Cowan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic