Search for content in message boards

Surnames

Surnames

Kelly Snyder (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: FREEMAN, BARFKNECHT, PARKER, VANDERWITTERING
Looking for any PARKER, FREEMAN, BARFKNECHT, or VANDERWITTERING in Rusk Co. I know that the FREEMANS and VANDERWITTERINGS were in Brown Co as well.
Anything is appreciated!
Thanks!

Barfnecht

Art Sanderson (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Recently ran across a obit from the Ladysmith News, regarding an Emil Barfnecht. This may help you in your search. The Ladysmith News has an Internet Web Site (unbelievable for the size of the town), which is easily accessible. Hope this helps. Incidently, the Parker name appears in my family tree. I haven't looked lately, but the name is either Ida or Martha.

Re: Surnames

Gerald Tonnell (View posts)
Posted: 28 Aug 2001 12:54AM GMT
Emil Barfknecht's wife, Laura (nee Hall) Barfknecht, was my great aunt. She wrote a family history of her mother's family (Lexia Earl Hall.)

Posted: 14 Dec 2001 10:02PM GMT
Edited: 25 Aug 2002 4:25AM GMT
My Great Grandfather was Paul Barfknecht his brother is
Emil Barfknecht he married Laura Hall.So, I think we are related.

Re: Surnames Barfknecht

Gerald Tonnell (View posts)
Posted: 14 Dec 2001 11:22PM GMT
Thanks for the message Nicole. We are related through marriage -- that is, through your great grandfather, Paul Barfknecht. Paul's brother, Emil Barfknecht, married my great aunt, Laura Hall in 1905. Since your great grandfather was Paul Barfknecht, what was the first name of your grandfather -- was it Wilson, Glenn, or Walter?

My father, Herb Tonnell (1907-1987), was a life-long friend of Floyd Barfknecht (1906-1984), Emil & Laura's oldest son.

Re: Surnames Barfknecht

Posted: 15 Dec 2001 4:39AM GMT
My Grandfather was Glenn Barfknecht Sr. I think that it is neat that we are related threw marriage.

Posted: 1 Feb 2002 11:53PM GMT
Hi, I have Barfknecht's and Parker's in my family.Please respond.

Thanks,
Nicole

Posted: 10 Apr 2012 5:07PM GMT
i am john and mary vanderwitterings great granddaughter
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions