Search for content in message boards

William Douglas, Campbell Cnty, TN

William Douglas, Campbell Cnty, TN

David Lee Douglas (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 1999 7:12AM GMT
I am currently trying to determine the parents of John Douglas. He was born around 1816 in Tennessee. I have found him (John age 20-30) in the 1840 Census living in Campbell County close to James W. Douglas (age 30-40), Matthew Douglas (age 40-50), Thomas Douglas (age 50-60), Samuel T. Douglas (age 20-30), and William Douglas (age 50-60). I have seen posts that list the children of both Matthew and Thomas which do not include a John born around 1816. I suspect that William Douglas is the father but need more information. Do you have any information on a John Douglas born about 1816. He later married Lucinda Ball and had several children one of which was Elias Douglas.

Thanks in advance for any help,
David

william douglas

robert gowen (View posts)
Posted: 24 Dec 1999 12:09PM GMT
Looking for info on wm.douglas living in nashville tn.from 1870 t0 1880 married to martha jackson both born in scotland.had several children hugh douglas my grand father.Some children moved to memphis,Tn.Daughter married a Britton.Robert Gowen Portage Mi.bojo3161@aol.com

Douglas in Jellico, TN

Tracy Sexton (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 2001 10:47PM GMT
I am a native of Campbell Co. TN. You may be having trouble finding the Douglas you are seeking because there were two families of Douglas's in Campbell Co. According to famly oral history (my ggrandmother was a Douglas), there were two factions of Douglas's which were related way back. One dropped a second "s" to keep from being associated with the other; however, soon they both only had one "s." It is possible that there were two William's at that time. You might try to have one of the researchers in Jellico, if indeed you think your William was in Jellico, search the Douglas Cemetary there to see if there is any sign of a connection. Often families were buried in adjacent plots. Just in case you haven't seen it, you might want to look at the 7-13-00 post from Pat Delk.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic