Search for content in message boards

Ison, Isom, Isham in KY from 1740s

Ison, Isom, Isham in KY from 1740s

Rod Smothers (View posts)
Posted: 26 Dec 2000 10:23PM GMT
James Ison b.1746 married Jane Harrision. Their son John Ison married Celia New. Their daughter Margaret b.1799 married Michael Isom. Their son, John W. used the last name ISHAM. He married Sarah Webb and fathered James Hardin Isham b.1853

James Hardin Isham married Mary Elizabeth Meyers and fathered John Feddie Isham. He married Mary Ella Gray and fathered Ethel Isham. She married Johnny Frank Lanham

Now, back to Michael Isom (see above)...his parents were James ISON b.1755 and Mary ISOM b.1755.

Ison Family of Ky.

Posted: 27 Dec 2000 10:58AM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 6:13PM GMT
My husband's ggrandmother is Mary"Polly"Ison who married Robert Rice. Her parents are Michael(July 4, 1793-Oct. 11, 1871) Margaret"Peggy"Ison. She is the daughter of John Celia New. Celia's parents are Francis Sarah. Michael's parents are James Mary. I have that Charles(c. 1748-c. 1827) Margaret Taylor are the parents of John. My source is a descendant of theirs who is a genealogist. Do you have the parents of James Margaret?

Isom, Ison, Isham of KY

Posted: 27 Dec 2000 10:06PM GMT
I don't have any parents for James.

We agree on everything except the parentage of John Ison who married Celia New. I show John's parents as James Ison b.1746 (Cumberland Co. PA) and Jane Harrison b.1750. My mother found this info and attributes it to LDS records.

ISONS of KY.

Posted: 28 Dec 2000 1:50PM GMT
According to message #87 by Lisa, subject:Isons Gideon to Rufus, Charles who married Margaret Taylor was the brother of James(1714-1753)who married Jane Harrison. Very conflicting confusing info. Their parents are supposed to be John Ison Martha Huff who were born in England in the late 1600s.. They seem too old to be the parents.
My source says that Charles' parents are James Ison Dorcas Stinette. Others dispute that. At http://genforum.genealogy.com/cgi-bin/pageload.cgi?james,iso... I found Michael Isom's parents are James Mary"Polly" and his parents are James Dorcas Stinnet. That would mean Charles this James are brothers. Very confusing.
Do you have any dates for Michael's wife, Margaret Ison?

Ison/Isom

Posted: 28 Dec 2000 9:36PM GMT
Margaret was born Sept 30, 1799 in PA according to Ison/Isham Bible records reported by Michael R. Isom.

Margaret died Nov 3, 1833 in Gerrard Co. KY.

Silas Ison

Betty Ison Hardage (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2001 4:49PM GMT
I have been reading some of the messages since one was found 12/28/2000 concerning my Father
Pfc Robert Lee Ison and I have found out that you have a great deal of knowledge RE: Isons of Ky.
I believe my Grandfather was born in Ky. Do you have any information concerning a Silas Ison in Ky during the late 1880's,
my father was killed in WWII at the age of 33, he was born in 1911
so I am guessing my Grandfather would have been born in the 1880's or early 1890's. My Grandparents were divorced and we never knew much about him. My Grandmothers maiden name was Lydia Beverly. If you any information I would appreciate hearing from you, if not I Thank You for your time.
God Bless,
Betty Ison Hardage
Jacksonville, Fl.
Posted: 6 Jan 2001 5:41PM GMT
I'm so sorry I can't help.

Ison Family

Mary Ison (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2001 6:19PM GMT
Have just started tracing info, My husbands Grandpa Walker Ison Born 25 Dec 1893, Elliot County, KY. Just recently found his parents were Elliot Ison and Lorene Stephens. Walker had brothers and sisters not real sure of names. Maybe Laura Stevens and a sister Gertie he had brothers but not real sure of names and etc.. In the Ohio flood of 1937 Walker and Nola(Greene)Ison took their kids Raymond and Orvil and stayed with distant relatives by the Name of Rice. Not sure if I can be of help or maybe we can trade info. email me at mayjo80@hotmail.com
Thanks
Posted: 11 Mar 2001 3:57AM GMT
Mary,
Sorry. No help here.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions