Search for content in message boards

Peavy Famly

Peavy Famly

Posted: 27 Mar 2002 12:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Nov 2002 1:20PM GMT
Surnames: PEAVY, WHITE, MEACHAM, ENRALLS , BLOUNT & OTHERS
"Our PEAVY family apparently moved into Warren or Wilkes County, Georgia during the late 1780's and gradually moved west. The line as we know it began with John PEAVY and Unity WHITE and the clan spread out from Meriwether County, Georgia beginning in about 1850 and reaching into
Alabama, Louisiana and Texas. Various members of the clan are known to have lived in Warren, Greene, Jasper, Putnam, Meriwether, Coweta, Pike, Carroll and Troup counties in Georgia; in Randolph county Alabama; in Vernon Parish in Louisiana; in Cass, Marion and Coryell counties in Texas. After 1870, the spread broadens considerably.
A few of the descendants of this line have recently banded together to construct a web-page listing a descendant tree with connections to other families.
The site is located at:http://www.angelfire.com/la/ancestors/Peavy.html and includes links to some antique photos.
Connections are shown for the following surnames:
ANDERSON ARNOLD BARNES BASHAM BIGGERS BIGGERSTAFF BLOUNT BOBO BOOTH
BROWN CARLEY CHENNAULT CHRISTIAN CLARK CLOWER COCHRAN CONERLY
COOK COUSINS DEAN DUNLAP ELLIOT ENRALLS FILES FINCHER FRANKS
FREEMAN FULLER GLOVER GLASS GOFORTH GOZA HAMBY HARDY HARMAN HARNED
HARWELL HAYNIE HIGHTOWER JOHNSON JONES KEITH KELLER KENDRICK
KENER LAWRENCE MADDOX MANGRUM McINVALE McLAUGHLIN MEACHAM MOSELEY
NIBLETT NICHOLS NIX O'DELL PRUITT PEAVY SCHRADER SIMMONS SMITH
SPEARMAN STROZIER SUTHERLEN TAFFINDER TAYLOR THOMPSON WELCH WHATLEY
WHITE WILLIAMS WOODSON WRIGHT YOUSE
Researchers in this PEAVY line are interested in locating other descendants and descendants of connections and we invite you to drop by and see if you find a familiar name and please, let us know if you're the kinfolk we've been looking for all these years."

Bill Peavy
Houston, TX

Re: Peavy Famly

Leon Hudson (View posts)
Posted: 9 May 2002 5:40AM GMT
Surnames: Peavy, Akin, Akins, Murphy
Hi,

This was interesting information to me. I'm not sure if you're the same Bill Peavy who helped me in the past.

My system crashed hard and my brother rebuilt a new system for me.

Anyway, Hubert Peavy of Dallas, Texas was my grandfather. Allen E. Peavy, born in Minden, Louisiana was my great grandfather and Abram G.A. Peavy was my great great grandfather. Abram was married to Sarah Louvenia Murphy, Allen E. was married to Beatrice West, and Hubert was married to Lillian Bee Akin (1st) and Roxie Modell Kelly (2nd).

Regards,
Leon

Posted: 9 May 2002 7:40AM GMT
Edited: 21 Sep 2005 11:12PM GMT
Surnames: PEAVY/PEAVEY/PEVY/PEEVY, SEALE, JOHNSTON, McKITTRICK/McKETTRICK, HAYDEN/HAYDON/HADEN/HADDEN
Leon, the message posted by Hudson Meacham was written by Bill Peavy on a web site about John Peavy & wife Unity White & their descendents. I'm not in that group. You discovered the parents of your Abram Pevy/Peavy on the 1850 Dale co, AL census, right? Bill's web site mentions Randolph co, AL, but not Dale. My line goes: Abraham Peavy/Pevy/Peevy> Michael> Andrew Jackson> Milton Bailey> Ethel Jane> Me. My gr gr gr grandpa was born in 1765 in NC, and I have yet to discover his parents' names, DOB, or place of birth. Abraham & Michael (b in GA) were in Butler co, AL by 1818; Michael was in Coosa co later. Andrew Jackson & brother Walter F. came to north LA in the fall of 1866 intending to go on to TX. Floods delayed them & plans changed. Walter settled near Minden, and A. J. "Jack" moved into Jackson parish, settling near Weston on a large farm where he raised ten children. There are many, many offspring from Walter still in the Minden area today. Kathryn Janell Jones Goss e-mail : jjg6808@earthlink.net

Leon Hudson (View posts)
Posted: 7 Aug 2002 3:56AM GMT
Surnames: Peavy, Pevy, Akin, Akins, Hestand, Murphy
Hi Bill,

I was knocked out of the research for awhile because Qwest dumped all of their dial-up internet subscribers. Other than having to rebuild a lot of my data and reconnect with people it worked out well for me.

I am using Wal-Mart's wmconnect for my Internet Service Provider at $9.94/month for unlimited internet access and 8 e-mail addresses.

I'm glad I found this mailing list again.

Leon

Agnes Peavy Carriere (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jun 2003 1:24PM GMT
Do you know the parentage of Abram G.A. Peavy? I have Abraham G. Peavy listed as the son of Peter Peavy and Vivinah Aarons and born in 1806, married Pricilla Jane Layfield on 10/31/1837 in Hancock Co., GA. Is there a connection to your Abram G.A. Peavy?

Leon Hudson (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jul 2004 2:13AM GMT
Surnames: Peavy/Pevy/Peavey
Hi,

My ggg grandparents were Allen and Catherine Peavy per the 1850 U.S. Census for Dale County, Alabama. Their son, Abram G A Peavy, was 10 months old at the time of this census.

Jeffery Jehu Pevy found Abram G A Peavy's marriage license/certificate where he married Miss S. L. Murphy in the Minden, Louisiana courthouse. However, at this time Abram was now using the name Allen Pevy (phonetic spelling). Abram(also known as Allen) and Sarah are found on the 1880 U.S. Census for Louisiana as Allen G. Peavey and Sarah with Allen being listed as 30 years old and born in Alabama. Thanks to my mother's information I know that Sarah Louvenia(?sp) Murphy is my gg grandmother and this Allen G. Peavey is my gg grandfather. Allen G. and Sarah Peavey had four children listed on the 1880 U.S. Census for Louisiana:

Allen E. Peavey
Burl F. Peavey
Katie Peavey
and, I believe, William Peavey

Allen E. Peavey married Beatrice West and are my great grandparents per the census and family knowledge. Their son, Hubert Peavy, married Lillian B. Akin. Lillian died and Hubert married Roxie Modell Peavy. Hubert and Lillian are my biological grandparents but I only knew Hubert and Modell because Lillian died before I was born.

I think Burl married Ruth Riley but am not sure at this point.

Sincerely,
Leon

Joan (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2004 5:15AM GMT
Surnames: Peavy/Peevy/Smith
I have been trying to find information on my Peavy line. Harriett Peavy/Peevy, bn ca 1829 in AL. Married Stephen Smith in 1850 in Butler County, AL. This information is taken from her application for benefits from Stephen's CSA pension file. Harriett and Stephen lived in Polk County Texas and are counted on the census polls for 1860, 1870, and 1880. Harriett died after 1901 as her application was made that year. Stephen Smith died Dec 29, 1900. They were living with a daughter in Josserand, Trinity County, TX. Names of their children are Theodosia Smith, John Thomas Smith, Rebecca Smith, Lydia O. Smith, Lucy Wade Smith, Goerge B. Smith. I give their names as sometimes I have found common names run in families. I have found one Harriett Peevy on the census poll for Butler County AL 1850. There are several Peevy/Peavy families there in 1850.

Posted: 14 May 2005 7:38AM GMT
Surnames: Peavy, Aarons, Parker
I have found Peter Peavy and wife Vivinah Aarons on One World Tree listing a daughter named Sivil Peavy who married John Wesley Parker. Any further info on this family?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic