Search for content in message boards

Walter Pohl of Michigan

Walter Pohl of Michigan

Posted: 4 Jun 2004 11:30PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for the family of Walter Pohl. I have much info to share about his mother's side.

Re: Walter Pohl of Michigan

Posted: 25 Jul 2005 8:49PM GMT
Surnames: Pohl
If he also went by Walter Palewicz, I am a relative of his. I would love to have information about his mother's side. Thanks.

Posted: 25 Jul 2005 10:22PM GMT
Not sure how he would go by another name such as that one..... but when was your Walter born and do you know who his parents were? Then maybe I can give you some info
Debi

Posted: 26 Jul 2005 12:22PM GMT
Walter born Aug 1865, parents Stanislaus Palewicz and Jasie Starvarich. This particular Palewicz branch mostly settled near Glenwood City, WI, but 2 of the brothers settled in Illinois and Michigan. Some of the ones in Wisconsin changed their last name to Pohl, probably for simplicity sake. Let me know if same branch!! Thanks, Paula.

Debi Zebrowski (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jul 2005 1:13AM GMT
Paula,
My Walter Pohl was born in 1908 in Detroit, Michigan. Both Walter's parents (Ferdinand and Ida Nonn Pohl) were born in Berlin, Germany. So I believe without a doubt there is no connection.
Good luck with your research
Regards,
Debi Z

Posted: 29 Sep 2010 5:11PM GMT
My name's Melissa Pohl. I am a relative of the Palewicz/Pohl families that settled near Glenwood City where many are buried. I'm wondering if you have more information in regards to Edward and Irene Pohl (my grandparents), family origination, and especially anything on Felicia Palewicz--who I believed drowned.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions