Search for content in message boards

Kristina STRÖM, b. 1897, Sweden>Chicago, IL, U.S.A.

Kristina STRÖM, b. 1897, Sweden>Chicago, IL, U.S.A.

Posted: 9 Feb 2008 6:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: STRÖM STROM HÄGG HAGG JANSSON OLOFSSON OLSSON ANDERSSON
I am looking for anyone who knows what happened to Kristina STRÖM, born 9 Aug 1897 in Hässja, Alfta, Gävleborg (Hälsingland), Sweden. Kristina arrived in New York City, bound for Chicago, Illinois on 10 Nov 1913. She was traveling with several people from the same area, including a man she was supposed to be going to marry, Jonas HÄGG, who may have been known in America as Jonas or John HAGG.

Kristina may have changed her first name to Christina or Christine, and in America, her last name was probably STROM. Her father and mother were Jonas Olsson STRÖM and Kerstin JOHANSDOTTER. of Alfta parish. The group traveling together were:

Anna STRÖM, age 23, single, of Alfta Sweden, daughter of Olof STRÖM of Alfta. Destination: Boston, Massachusetts

Kristina STRÖM, age 16, single, of Norrby [in Alfta parish] Sweden, daughter of Johan [Jonas] STRÖM of Norrby, Runemo [in Alfta parish]. Destination: Chicago, Illinois

Anna JANSSON, age 21, single, a servant, of Alfta Sweden, daughter of Jonas ANDERSSON of Nordanå, Bollnäs [a nearby town to Alfta]. Destination: Boston, Massachusetts

Olof OLOFSSON, age 21, of Bollnäs, Sweden, son of Olof OLSSON of Bollnäs. Destination: Kingsburg, California

Jonas HÄGG, age 24, a lumberman of Alfta, Sweden, son of Olof HÄGG of Gädvick in Alfta, Sweden. Destination: Chicago

This is the last place I've found them in America. I have a lot more genealogy to share. Please mention the name of Ulf KAXEKARLSSON, who is a Swede who would really like to find his wife's relatives in America.

Re: Kristina STRÖM, b. 1897, Sweden UPDATE

Posted: 13 May 2008 10:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Strom Hagg Johnson
Several photos have come to light. All were taken in Illinois, and one was taken in Galesburg, Illinois in 1933.

One photo showed Kristina's daughter, Maria-Louise. From the clues in the photo, I'd say she was born about 1925.

Another shows Kristina with her husband, Jonas, a baby, and a boy and girl about 8-10 years of age. Unfortunately, no names were given. This might have been Jonas Hagg, but I cannot find the right Jonas Hagg in the U.S. censuses. Perhaps he took a different surname in the U.S., or this is a second husband named Jonas.

She seems, also, to have had daughters named Ruth and Miriam. They both have bobbed hairdos and were about ages 6 and 11. Miriam is also shown in a photo that looks like World War II vintage with her hsuband, Jim Johnson.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic