Search for content in message boards

WILSON - Mary Ellen Rule

WILSON - Mary Ellen Rule

Posted: 7 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Aug 2003 8:26AM GMT
Surnames: Wilson, Legood
Looking for any family or descendants of Mary Ellen Rule Wilson of B.C.; at one time married to Reginald John Legood (born England). Mary was born circa 1906 and died 1946 aged 40 although her age recorded on her marriage certificate dated 1924? was given as 20. Her father's name was George Henry Wilson (born Ireland) and her mother's name Martha Cecelia Rule. Any information however small would be most welcome. (Many thanks to Diane of Canada who has so kindly provided me with most of the above information)

Re: WILSON - Mary Ellen Rule

Rocky Sampson (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 2001 8:56PM GMT
Hello Heather....My grandmother and Martha Rule were first cousins. My grandmother's name was Laura Georgina Silvey (nee' McFadden). Laura and Martha's mothers were sisters.. Laura's mother was named Mrs. Martha Mary McFadden (nee' Rosman) and Martha Rules' mother was named Ellen Georgina MaHaffey (first marriage to Dan Rule... he drowned then she married to Johnny MaHaffey). I have much of the family history of the Rosman's on Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands. I have a few photographs and some marriage certificates dealing in the Rule family. I could be able to look up more if need be... some I would not be able to do as Martha Rule lived in Washington State if my memory is correct. I do have a picture or two of her though. The LeGood name is still about..I owe a Mr. Phil LeGood some info too as he has been politely waiting for me. He is related to me (distant cousin). I will collect back my photographs of the family as they are on loan to two different local museums here on Vancouver Island right now. I will scan the ones you need and send them.... please be patient. Also... Metchosin is a small farming community just west of the city of Victoria here on the Island... that is where the Rosman family started out in Colonial times (Edwin Joseph Rosman came to Victoria BC in April of 1854) Edwin J. Rosman was the father to Ellen Georgina and Martha Mary, as well as Caroline and Edward Rosman... Edwin also adopted a daughter named Lily Williams. Edwin J. Rosman married Mary Johnson of Wrangell Alaska, she was Tlingit. Her father was named Quiston and her mother's name was Cutanicas... they too were Native Indian. Edwin J Rosman came from Penryn (St. Gluvius)Corwall, England. I also have the names of his family too. I have more information...please contact me. I hope this information reaches you with cheers.

Are you still looking here?

Posted: 9 Dec 2010 11:50AM GMT
Just wondering if you are still researching this family.

Many kind regards, Rocky

rbsampson at yahoo dot com

Posted: 1 Mar 2011 5:13PM GMT

B.C. Death Records show - Mary Ellen Rule Wilson d. 20 Jan 1946 at Port Alberni B.C. Reg. Number: 1946-09-002132
(Film # B13189 (GSU # 2032421)
age stated is 40 yrs.

Posted: 9 Mar 2011 2:55AM GMT
Mary Ellen Rule Wilson born BC 19 Jan 1906 died Port Alberni 20 Jun 1946. Survived by husband Marshall, son Douglas of Inglewood, BC, sisters Mrs. Luella Kelly of Nanaimo, Mrs. George Milne of Ft McMurray, AB and Elsie Hamsworth of Royston and brother Earl Rule of Chemainus. Buried Nanaimo Cemetery.

Posted: 6 Aug 2011 11:23PM GMT
Hi there,

I was researching George H. Wilson (my great grandfather) and found your
post (looks like we're all distant cousins).

Here's a record of Mary Ellen Rule in the 1910 US census (Washington
State, King County, Palmer district):

http://media.digitalarchives.wa.gov/WA.Media/jpeg/EBB9E886FA...

She's on line 8, Her parents George and Martha are on lines 5 and 6.
One sister is missing from the census as she was born in 1910, but
after the census (Ethel Muriel, who later married George Milne).

My aunt told me that her family pronounced Mary's name as "Marie"
(don't know why). My aunt also told me that George Henry Wilson was
born in Georgetown Ontario (father's name was Job), not Ireland, and
the census confirms his birth place as Canada. George and Martha were
married in Victoria on December 22nd, 1902.

Elsie Hemsworth (not Hamsworth) went by the name Gwen and lived in
Courtnay, B.C.

Regards,
Chris

Posted: 22 Jan 2013 7:52PM GMT
Marie or Mary was first married to Reginald Le Good and then Marshall Wilson. Mary and Reginald had one son, Douglas Reginald Le Good.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions