Search for content in message boards

Woods in Ohio

Woods in Ohio

Thomas Mullin (View posts)
Posted: 22 Dec 2000 3:58PM GMT
My gmother; Annie Woods was born 1873 in Ohio. She married Thomas Mullin; 1888, lived in KC,MO 1900. Her Father came from Ireland, mother born in Ohio

woods in Ireland

Larry Woods (View posts)
Posted: 23 Dec 2000 6:23AM GMT
Hi, Just came across your notice. would be glad to assist you from this side of the pond
still lots of us Woods living here in Ireland
Larry Woods

Woods in Ireland

Thomas Mullin (View posts)
Posted: 23 Dec 2000 9:50AM GMT
Many thanks, as I have just learned my gmothers Father came from Ireland.
I am now trying to find them in US, Minnesota or Ohio as they had a son in 1890 (my father in Minnesota but gmam was from Ohio

Re Woods' in Ireland

Ron Woods (View posts)
Posted: 25 Dec 2000 8:56AM GMT
Larry which part of Ireland does your family live? I am looking for a Thomas Woods married to a Keefe. It is believed they left County Cork in 1870 or just prior to it.

re cork

larry Woods (View posts)
Posted: 26 Dec 2000 6:31PM GMT
Woods, is a common name in Ireland. I live in Dublin. Most peoplle who went to the states in the 1800's would have left from cork (Cobh) or Wexford. Around the turn of the century some of the 'Woods' reverted back to their Irish names such as Quilly, Quillian or O'Coillite. Will try to get a Mail address for the Museum in Cobh Co.Cork they may have passanger lists.

Woods

Agatha (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 2000 9:12AM GMT
Larry do you connect with Michael Woods and Mary Campbell, or Worsop?

Woods

Larry Woods (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 2000 11:58AM GMT
would need more details, have just started my family tree and have most branches in Ireland completed. So far every generation has sent a family member overseas. It's a nightmare, some of them have reverted back to their Irish names such as Quilly, Quillian or O'Coillte. If you need any help from here (Ireland) mail me at woods840@hotmail.com

Woods Family of Ohio

Peggy (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2001 5:57PM GMT
I have a copy of a book written in 1919 titled A sketch of the Woods Family of Ohio. It traces the family when they came to USA in 1773 from Northern ireland. They settled in Washington PA ,and Brown County, Ohio. They were protestants. They moved mainly into the following areas: Indiana, Iowa and Kansas. James Woods had sons Allen, Samuel, Nathaniel and daughters Sarah and Anne - (Anne was born sometime after 1777.)
For more information email fredmcl@ix.netcom.com

Michael Woods, Elizabeth Worsop

Peggy (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2001 6:26PM GMT
I have some information on Michael Woods born 1684, died 1762, married Mary Campbell.
Michael's mother was Elizabeth Worsop born 1656
and father was John Woods born abt. 1654.
Elizabeth Worsop and john Woods had 4 hildren: Elizabeth b 1682 in Ireland, Michael, William born 1695 lived in PA MD and NC, James( my line) and Andrew
Michael had 11 children with mary Campbell. They settled in lancaster, PA in 1724 and finally settled in Blair park, Albemarle County, VA. This information is from a book titled The Woods FAmily of Ohio written in 1919.

Woods

Agatha Shryack (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jan 2001 7:27PM GMT
Peggy, Would you please e-mail me at
candashryack@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic