Marva Hoffmeyer (View posts)
Posted: 5 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lindsay, Fleming
We are looking for the family of David Lindsay (b. ca 1720),
who lived in Tyrone, Ireland until about 1760 with his wife,
Mary Fleming. After they immigrated to America sometime
before the Revolution, they settled at Ft. Pitt (Pittsburg),
Allegheny (formerly Westmoreland) Co., Pennsylvania.
Three or four of his sons then fought in the American Revolution. We know that David Lindsay's parents lived in
or near Tyrone too, but we don't know their names.

Re: Lindsay (Lindsey) & Fleming Families

Posted: 15 Jun 2002 8:10PM GMT
Edited: 25 Mar 2004 2:49AM GMT
My husband comes from the David Lindsey line. Edmund b.1750 in Ireland, m Mary ?, d. Newberry district, SC 1816. Edmund Jr.b.1773 Newberry district,d.1855, m Barbary Fisher. John W. b 1810 New Richmond, OH , died 1896, m Charrah French. Bennett F. b 1834, d.1926, m.Malissa Laycock. Bennett and Malissa were my husband's great grandparents.

Janet Flemming (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2003 5:14AM GMT
Surnames: FLEMING, GRIFFITH, SOMERVILLE
I have previously made contact with a chap here in NSW Australia who has a James William FLEMING from Tyrone who was married to an Esther LINDSAY and they came out here to Australia in 1848. Perhaps it is just coincidence that these FLEMINGs and LINDSAYs married prior to coming to Austalia and lived in TYRONE and perhaps (a long shot) they could be related to your branch.

I do have a family site (which is a repository for all sorts of Fleming/Flemming information)
You are welcome to browse or to join and post your Fleming/Lindsay Surname information on the MEMBERS's SURNAME BOARD.

The chap who is a descendant of James FLEMING and Esther Lindsay is a member of my site already as far as I know....perhaps it would be worth making contact with him.

I too am researching FLEMING from Dromore Tyrone but you can read all about my lot at the site should you wish to browse it or join. Hope to hear from you in the future.
Happy Tree Climbing 2003....

Janet FLEMMING
Australia

I have a FLEMMING/FLEMING FAMILY SITE
http://groups.msn.com/FLEMMINGFAMILYSITE

Posted: 28 Jun 2007 8:21AM GMT
Surnames: Lindsey, Lindsay, Fleming
Hazel,
Your husband and I are distant cousins. I'd like to know more about his family, particularly regarding Edmund Jr. b. 1773 and his parents. These Lindseys moved to Newberry district South Carolina from an area near Berryville, Virginia in Frederick County and lived in Pennsylvania in the 1740s. You can find more information on this family by going to ClanLindsay.com and looking up the Group 2 Lindseys. My family is L0045. A couple of cousins and I have been trying to document the lineage back to David Lindsay (Lindsey) and Mary Fleming. We are particularly interested in getting all the names of David and Mary's children and grandchildren. All of the Lindseys in Group 2 are related, we just need to fill in the missing pieces to build a solid family tree. Thanks, Brett Lindsey

Posted: 28 Jun 2007 5:28PM GMT
I have a lot of information on the Lindseys. My husband's greatgrand parents were Bennett Lindsey and Malissa Layc0ck of Clermont County, Ohio. Maybe I can help fill in the blanks.

Posted: 30 Jun 2007 1:32PM GMT
Surnames: Lindsay, Rea, Grimsby
My mother-in-law's maiden name was Jean Lindsay from Castelbar, Co. Mayo.
I would like to find and follow her brothers who stayed in Ireland.She was born in 1880. Do you have any Lindsays in
Ireland?

Posted: 30 Jun 2007 4:41PM GMT
Sorry. I have no information.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic