Search for content in message boards

BELLS in England

BELLS in England

Terry Bell Lary (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jun 2000 10:08AM GMT
Seeking information on the following:
Percy Reason Bell, Sr. b. 12/15/1878 in District of Bury, Lancaster, Brandesome, Elton, England, d. 7/30/1956 in Beebe, Quebec, Canada, m. Sarah Nicholson, b. 11/9/1878 in St. Helens, Manchester, England, d. 6/15/1960 in Beebe, Quebec, Canada. Siblings were (probably not all) Thomas, Joseph George, Percy Jr. (my grandfather), John, Harry, Frederick Reason, Margaret, and Mae. Percy Sr.'s father was Joseph Bell, b. 1847 in Yorkshire, England, husband of Margaret Reason, b. 1846 in Liverpool, England. Siblings of Joseph were (probably not all) Percy Sr., Harry, Fred, Joseph, Mary, Jack, Tom.

CANNOT FIND ANY DEFINITIVE INFORMATION ON JOSEPH IN YORKSHIRE OR MARGARET REASON IN LIVERPOOL - IT'S AS IF THEY DON'T EXIST. My dad, George, son of Percy, Jr., is an only child and is left with very few remaining (older)relatives. He is looking to find more family if it's out there. PLEASE HELP!

Bell ancestry

Graham Bell (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jun 2000 11:52AM GMT
I was looking at your message on the message board and saw you were looking for a Joseph Bell born 1847 in Yorkshire I could look through the st catherines house index for births to find his birth certificate if you like and also Margaret reasons birth certificate.

THANK YOU!

Graham Bell (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jun 2000 9:12AM GMT
Mr. Bell - Thank you so much for the response! I would be most appreciative of any assistance you could lend and would be more than happy to reimburse the copy expense of the certificates, if you can find them. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Is there anything more by way of information that you may need from me? Are you located in England? Thanks again - Terry

Joseph Bell

Graham Bell (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jun 2000 2:30PM GMT
Received your message I live in yorkshire England,I could probably get the birth certificates of Joeseph Bell Margaret Reason, the cost would be altogether £25 in stirling,I dont know how much in dollars-Graham.

Joseph and Margaret (Reason) Bell

Terry B. Lary (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jun 2000 6:32AM GMT
Graham - My apologies for not getting back to you sooner; my job took me to New York City for a bit. Thank you very much again for your assistance with Joseph and Margaret. Would certainly love receiving the certificates, if they are there and, again, would be more than happy to reimburse the expense. Would you happen to know if this place you are going to would also hold the records of Percy Reason Bell, Sr.? or Sarah Nicholson? And, just curious, is the address I gave for Percy, Sr. in the original e-mail correct? It seems rather long to me, but I am unfamiliar with the naming convention. Again, I sincerely appreciate all of your efforts on my behalf and ultimately on behalf of my father. - Terry P.S. - What's the weather like in Yorkshire? In Vermont, where I'm located, it's the start of the summer, about 80 degrees, and very humid. The weather station reports that we've had rain 25 out of 26 days for the month of June. We've set a record, they say.

Joe Bell

Graham Bell (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jun 2000 3:00AM GMT
Thanks for the message the weather here is cool for the time of year which is the middle of summer,I can look to see if the birth certificate of percy Reason senior and Sarah Nicholson is there,also the address is Elton,Bury,Lancashire.

Graham

Joe Bell

Terry B. Lary (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jun 2000 10:27AM GMT
Graham - Thanks for your reply and I look forward to hearing from you. I will be away on vacation from July 1st through July 8th, back in the office on July 9th - 10th, and then in New York City from July 11th through the 15th. I'll try and catch up with you when I can during the next two weeks. Have a wonderful next couple of weeks and enjoy your summer! - Terry

Joseph Bell

Graham Bell (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jul 2000 12:46PM GMT
Dear Terry I have got the birth certificates of Percy Bell and Joseph Bell I need your address to send these certificates to,I have also sent for the birth certificate of Margaret Reason and Sarah Nicholson but it will be a few weeks as they are moving offices and will be delayed.
Graham.

THANK YOU!

Terry Lary (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jul 2000 5:31AM GMT
Graham - Thank you SO much! My address is: Terry B. Lary, 52 South Main Street, Rochester, VT 05767 USA. I look forward to your information as well as that which will be coming later regarding Margaret Reason and Sarah Nicholson. I sincerely hope that my request for assistance did not inconvenience you - and know that my father will be very happy with the information. I wonder if there are any relatives still in those areas? Do you know if it would be prudent to maybe take out an ad in the locals papers there or gain a copy of a phonebook to see if anyone is still there? Oh well, just a thought. Again - I really appreciate your help, and don't forget a bill for the certificates! Talk to you soon! - Terry

Joseph Bell

Graham Bell (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2000 1:56PM GMT
Hi Terry have you recieved your certificates I posted them over 2 weeks ago,could you reply if you have recieved them.
Graham.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic