Search for content in message boards

Names,Family Records

Names,Family Records

Posted: 19 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Dec 2005 4:04PM GMT
Surnames: Lycklama a Nijeholt, Roorda, Trosch, Troesch, Throesch
Sietze Lycklama a Nijeholt was born in Alberta 13 April 1914,I would like her birth, Baptismal, Parents and all records on the Lycklama a Nijeholt family. This family immigrated from the Netherlands, date unknown. Would like Naturalization papers also.

Would like any information on the Trosch family-which came from Germany and Switzerland. Freidrich Wilhelm Trosch imigrated to the USA about 1880 or 1881, with his wife and four children. This name can be spelled all three ways: Trosch, Troesch, or Throesch.

Would like any information on the Roorda family that immigrated from the Netherlands to the USA at various times.

Troesch family

Vici Russell (Throesch) (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Troesch, Throesch
Freodrich Wilhelm Troesch was my fathers ggrandfather. I have information from 1881 when he came to America. Would like anything before that time. Thank you.
Sincerely Vici Russell

Re: Troesch family

Rene Troesh (View posts)
Posted: 20 Aug 2001 7:13PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Throesch
Looking for information on William Throesch born in 1869 in Germany.Came to America at the age of 14 approximately 1881 to Pocahontas Arkansas with parents. He married Mary Casper, she died, then married Monica Trapp, she died then married again. Do you have info on William the spelling could be different we never knew.

Vici Russell (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2001 7:10PM GMT
Yes, I have information. I am Christian Troesch's great great granddaughter. Christian was William's brother. Please write to me at my email address so we can compare!
Thank you Vici Russell

Frank Troesch (View posts)
Posted: 8 Sep 2001 10:35AM GMT
Hallo Vici,
my name is Frank Troesch, live in Germany near by cologne and researching
the descendants of Johannes Troesch and his wife Katharina Schmitz of Eifel
(plateau region of western Germany, lying between the Rhine, the Mosel) the
granparents of Fredrick Wilhelm Throesch (1) and Johannes Mathias Troesch.
The Brother of Fredrick Wilhelm (1) is my great great grandfather.

(1) Johann Heinrich (Fredrick Wilhelm) Troesch (Throesch) was born february 26, 1821 in Kamberg Germany. He married [1] Gertrud Steffens may 22, 1854 and He married [2] Anna Maria Heinrichs (Hyndricks) july 31, 1863.

children of Johann Heinrich (Fredrick Wilhelm) Troesch (Throesch) and
Gertrud Steffens are:
(2) I. Johann Troesch
(3) II. Johann Josef Troesch)

children of Johann Heinrich (Fredrick Wilhelm) Troesch (Throesch) and Anna
Maria Heinrichs (Hyndricks) are:
(4) I. Maria Katharina Troesch, born december 19, 1864 in Giescheid
(Eifel, Germany)
(5) II. Gertrude Troesch (Throesch), born march 25, 1866, in Giescheid
(Eifel, Germany)
(6) III. Christian Troesch (Throesch), born april 19, 1868, in
Giescheid (Eifel, Germany)
(7) IV. Peter Josef Troesch, born november 14, 1869 in Giescheid, died
january 30, 1871 in Giescheid (Eifel, Germany)
(8) V. Mathias Wilhelm Troesch, born february 8, 1872, in Giescheid,
died april 1, 1871 in Giescheid (Eifel, Germany)
(9) VI. Wilhelm (Wilhelm M.) Troesch (Throesch), born march 13, 1873
in Giescheid (Eifel, Germany)

Frank

Re: Names,Family Records

Posted: 26 May 2002 6:41PM GMT
Surnames: Lycklama a Nyeholt, Tigchelaar, Dykstra, Zeilstra
Hi, I have some info on the Lycklama a Nyeholt family. Pierius was my gggrandfather. He had a son Aizo born in 1880 in Nyland Friesland and died in 1948 and is buried in Welsryp Friesland. He married Adriaantje Sinnema in 1904 and had my Grandma Grietja in Oct 1913. She married in 1938 and Immigrated to Canada with her husband and two children on 1948, they landed in Quebec City on the "Kota Intern". If this is your strain please let me know. I have no previous info on Pierus except for his wife's name.

Tanya

Posted: 26 May 2002 7:58PM GMT
Edited: 30 Dec 2005 4:04PM GMT
Surnames: Lycklama a Nijeholt
Hi Tanya,
Thank you for answering. I don't think this is the same family. In my records there is an Aiso born in Arum, 13 Feb. 1879. He married Gerbrig Miedema, and they had a child, Thie. Wish I could help you more. Maybe in time we will find a mutual cousin! There was a Sietze Lycklama a Nijeholt born in Alberta, 13 April 1914. There were six other sibblings. Parents were: Reinder Lycklama a Nijeholt:Born13 November 1877 in Bozum, Married Renske Van Der Veen in Whtinsville, USA 11 Oktober 1895, born in Tjummarum in 22 April 1876. From what my cousin told me there are several Nijeholts. When my family moved to the USA they changed the name to Nyholt, Nijholt, and Nyehold. Some went to Alberta, Columbia, New York Mills and to Whitinsville and to Chicago. My direct family went to Chicago. Please keep in touch.
Ruth

Posted: 26 May 2002 8:36PM GMT
Hi Ruth, we probably do connect somewhere as I have a Dykstra born in Arum in 1885. I have just begun my search and so far it's been very disappointing, but I will keep on trying.

Good luck with your search
Tanya

John (View posts)
Posted: 27 May 2002 7:35AM GMT
Hello Ruth,
Your Aiso (Aizo) and Tanya Hout's Aizo were cousins. Your Aiso's father name was Foppe and Tanya's Aizo's father was Pierius and they were brothers. They were sons of
Aizo Pierius Lycklama a Nijeholt en Hinke Foppes de Jong.
Hope this helps.

Posted: 27 May 2002 5:18PM GMT
Edited: 27 May 2002 6:22PM GMT
Hello again Ruth. So we are related! I have info on the chain of Aizo Pierius Lycklama a Nijeholt and Hinke Foppes de Jong that traces my family 2 more generations up and all the way back to me if you would like it I can e-mail it to you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions