Search for content in message boards

SEEKING DECENDANTS OF

Van Walleghem

George Kendall (View posts)
Posted: 7 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Van Walleghem
Noreen! Try the Dryden Ontario(east of Kenora) Telephone
as there is Van Walleghem's in Dryden and one of them is a Lawyer there. George Kendall Sioux Lookout

SEEKING DECENDANTS OF

Posted: 7 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jul 2002 7:17PM GMT
Surnames: JORGENSON, PETERSON, VAN WALLEGHEM, VAN MEIRHAEGHE
My maternal ancestors settled in Whitemouth, MAN, however there are are also decendants in KENORA, as well as other areas of CAN. Both families immigrated in the late 1800's and some in the early 1900's.

I am seeking anyone who is researching either of these names. My grandmother, Bertha VAN WALLEGHEM, b. 10 Jan 1893, daughter of Frederick Joseph VAN WALLEGHEM and Emma VAN MEIRHAEGHE, m. ABT 1911 in Winnipeg to Ole JORGENSON(SEN), b. 29 Apr 1873 in OPPLAND, NORWAY, son of Jorgen JOHNSEN and Kristi PETERSEN (PEDERSDTR.) Jorgen died in 1875 in Norway. Kristi remarried to a Martin PETERSON before immigrating to CAN.

I have information that I am willing to share - direct line of VAN WALLEGHEM to my 12th great grandfather and on the JORGENSON line to my 4th great grandfather.

I, unfortunately, have no information on my g.grandmother (Emma VAN MEIRHAEGHE) other than she was from Belgium. I do not know if any of her family immigrated to CAN as well.

Noreen

Jorgenson's of Forest County, Petrolea etc.

Kathy McMullen (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Humphrey
My ancestor's of the name of Jorgenson changed their's to Humphrey not long after settling in Ontario in the 19th century or before. Any help in solving this family puzzle would be appreciated.

JORGENSON

Posted: 9 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jul 2002 7:17PM GMT
Surnames: Jorgenson, Petersen
Hi Kathy,

That is very interesting. Do you know the farm or area where they came from in Norway. Write me privately giving me as much information as you can about your names and I will see if I can help. My e-mail address is noreen@intergate.ca

Sincerely, Noreen

per page

Find a board about a specific topic