Search for content in message boards

William Jasper Jones, Sr.

This board is read-only and closed to new posts.

William Jasper Jones, Sr.

Wendy J. (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Mar 2003 2:14PM GMT
Surnames: Browns, Bennets, Jones, Potter
I am lookin for info on the browns bennets jones or potter. browns and bennets are my moms side of the family. my moms dad was a bennet, him and his sister. his name floyd, hers barbara. my moms gramma's (mother to floyd and barbara) maiden name was brown. her first name modjeska. and then i have all the way up to modjeska's great great grandparents. modjeska died in 68. mostly california, nevada, illinois, and indiana but more eastern in the early 1800's
jones are my dads side of the family. from indiana and illinois. my dads dads name was William Jasper Jones Sr. and my dads moms maiden name was potter. elmer potter was my dads grampa. my dads moms name is Betty. Betty had some brothers. most recent one to die was Ralph.
if you have any info on any of these names that might help me pleas e-mail me at: Nike_chic_24@yahoo.com

Re: William Jasper Jones, Sr

Posted: 3 Dec 2001 9:29AM GMT
Edited: 5 Mar 2003 2:15PM GMT
Surnames: POTTER, KIRK
I grew up in Thomson, IL where there were Browns, Bennetts and Potters.....My mother was a Potter. Great grandfather was Randolph..grgr...Jabob b.1805 NY...m. Julia Kirk

Re: William Jasper Jones, Sr.

Posted: 14 Feb 2008 6:54AM GMT
Surnames: Jones
My g grandfathers brother was William Jasper Jones. My g grandfather also named one of his sons William Jasper, so think it is possible it is a family named passed on. I do not know his fathers name or the state they originally came from, have heard possibly NC. It isn't an uncommon name, but would like to know if possibly they could be the same. Our family ended up in TN, then MS. My g grandfather was born 1858. Does any of this sound similar?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions