Search for content in message boards

Puente Family History

Puente Family History

Esther Knapp (View posts)
Posted: 17 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Puente, Garza, Castillo
My history is in Floresville,Tx in Wilson County. Am looking for any information on the history of Narciso Puente and his wife Maria Louisa Hernandez Castillo, also their child Navor C. Puente who was listed in the 1910 Census as being born in Mexico,but his 72 year old daughter say is incorrect. He was born there. He married my grandmother Francisca Garza who is suppose to be from Wilson County. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank You. Esther

Casimiro V. Garza

Charles A. Parada (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Garza
Looking for any and all information on my grandfather Casimiro V. Garza of Floresville, TX., Wilson County. He was married to Crisanta Talamantez and has 4 children: Piedad, Estella (my mother), Casimiro, and Andrew T. My great grandfather, Cipriano Garza, married Piedad Villareal. He was from Star County. They had 5 children:Carmen, Sophia, Teresa, Lazara, and Casimior V.

PUENTE/CASTILLO IN WILSON CO.

esther knapp (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: PUENTE, CASTILLO
Since I last posted my message a lot has changed. It seems my family lived in Atascosa Co. when they arrived in Texas, then in 1906 Narciso & Luisa Castillo Puente moved to Wilson Co. along with their children and Narciso's mother Vivian A. DE PUENTE, Luisa's brother Miguel CASTILLO and someone named Antero CASTILLO (relation unknown). I did find the grave sites for Narciso, Viviana, and Luisa at the Sacred Heart Catholic Cemetery thanks to this message board. The home farm is no longer there but a story of a German farmer who took a liking to my grandfather Nabor C. PUENTE is the one story I have to go by, but the only name I have is Tacho. If any of this sounds familiar please let me know. Thanks.

Re: Casimiro V. Garza

Posted: 25 Jul 2001 4:36AM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Edited: 18 Dec 2003 9:55PM GMT
Surnames: Garza, Villareal
Hello - distant cousin!!! - from Michigan!
I have some information regarding Ciprano Garza and Lazara Villarreal!!! They are my great - great - grand-parents! I am very interested in talking to you!

Posted: 15 Apr 2006 7:27AM GMT
Surnames: Garza, Estrada
Hello Charles, I've made great strides on the Estrada side of the family and have started inputting some of our family history in the One Family Tree thing that Ancestry has now - just in case you bump into some of your family info online and wonder how it got there. The names and dates you were able to provide for the Garza's were so helpful! Thank you!

I don't know if you will get this or not as it has been so long since we've exchanged emails but I have held on to all of the info you provided in the past. I would enjoy any pics or copies/scans of any marriage certificates and/or obits you might have to help document this part of my/our family. How is Stella? We talk about how amazing it was she was still alive since we last spoke in 2000. Hope to hear from you soon! ~ Elizabeth

Posted: 1 Jul 2006 3:21AM GMT
Elizabeth, in researching my mother's family, I have found that she also had relatives in Wilson County, Floresville, TX. Her grandfather's brothers lived there. I would like to know if your list contains Antonio and Francisco Estrada who were born around 1840-1850. I would like to hear from you regarding this surname.

Elizabeth Miller (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 2006 6:14AM GMT
Surnames: Estrada, Casimiro, Antonio
Hello Rose!
My great-great-grandfather's name was Antonio Estrada, he was born in 1841 in I believe Mexico - he married Matilde and they had 10 children of two who were twins. They lived in Wilson county all of their lives and I believe too died there. My great-grandfather, Juan, was his 6th eldest child. They had the following ten children:

Ramona Estrada F 1871 in Texas, USA
Isidro Estrada M 1875 in Texas, USA
Manuel Estrada M Dec 1877 in Texas, USA
Jesus Estrada M Feb 1881 in, Texas, USA
Gabriel Estrada F Sep 1882 in Texas, USA
Juan Estrada M 01 Feb 1885 in Mexico
Pedro Estrada M Feb 1887 in Texas, USA
Antonio Estrada Jr. M Jul 1889 in Texas, USA
Guadalupe Estrada M Jul 1889 in Texas, USA
Maria Estrada F Apr 1892 in Texas, USA

I do not have any information on Francisco but I do have an aunt named Frances who may have probably been named after him as my grandmother had 8 children and used many old family names ie. Evelia, Cayetana, Trinidad, Antonio, Herminia, Rosita, Lazara.

I am very eager to here from you in regards to your family history and any names of relatives you might know of. I aslo have old family pics of my great-grandfather Juan Estrada - I wonder if there are any family resemblences. Please respond soon and I will give you more info on where you can go in the census to find out more about Antonio's side. Please email at your earliest convenience.

rose anthony molina (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jul 2006 2:37PM GMT
I am so glad I have found someone related to my Estrada family. You are right, Antonio was married to Matilde and Juan was their son. Juan often visited my ggrandfather, Jose Maria Estrada. Jose Maria married Crescenciana Martinez. Marriage records show that Antonio and Jose Maria's parents were Vicente and Maria; I have been unable to locate any more info on them. i have a copy of an old photo (not a great reproduction) of Jose Maria and his wife. I am interested in any photos you may have. I have heard Ascencio was their father's name and not Vicente. I have more stories and I am sure you do too. Please contact me directly.

rose anthony molina (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jul 2006 2:45PM GMT
Hi Elizabeth! I would like to know about the Garza family. Are you related to them. Also, who are Casimiro's ancestors. I have have this last name on my research list that belongs on my father's side.

Elizabeth (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jul 2006 8:13PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: Garza, Villareal, Villarreal, Talamentez
Rosa, I am providing information that was provided to me from Charles Parada, his grandfather was Casimiro V. Garza - Charles and I are distant cousins just as you and I.

My grandmother was his aunt Lazara Garza. She married Juan Estrada as we have already discussed. I hope this Garza information helps. .

I am still researching info on the Garza side. He sent me a wonderful letter I can scan and email you if you would like - it is very lengthy but very informative. If you are interested.

Family Info:
Casimiro V. Garza of Floresville, TX., Wilson County. He was married to Crisanta Talamantez and has 4 children: Piedad, Estella (my mother), Casimiro, and Andrew T.

My great grandfather, Cipriano Garza, married Piedad Villareal. He was from Star County. They had 5 children:Carmen, Sophia, Teresa, Lazara, and Casimior V.

Cipriano Garza
Born: 1874 – Texas/Mexico
Died: ? – Texas, USA

Wife: Piedad Villarreal

Born: 03 Mar 1871 in [city], [county], Texas, USA
Died: 27 Jan 1913 in [city], Wilson, Texas, USA
Marriage: 28 Sep 1887 in Nueces, Texas USA

Cipriano & Piedad had five children:

Children Sex Birth

Carmen Garza F In Alice, Jim Wells, Texas USA

Teresa Garza F In Texas, USA

Sophia Garza F In Texas, USA