Search for content in message boards

Early settlers in the Rice Lake Area

early settlers Rice Lake

Leslie La Brie (View posts)
Posted: 13 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gagner, Gagne, La Brie, Labrie, Mireau, Mero
My dad's side of the family are all from and some still there , Rice Lake and we are La Brie's and Mireaus (Mero).
We also have a long line of Gagner, Gagne starting with Therese' Gagner......Leslie La Brie LBlackwolf@aol.com

Early settlers in the Rice Lake Area

Heather Warner (View posts)
Posted: 13 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Gagner, Labre, Scholtz
My great-great grandparents Louis and Melvina Gagner settled around Rice Lake in Barron Co. around 1878. I would like to find out whatever I can about my family, I have a copy of the Gagner Family Tree, but I am looking for historical information to supplement it. Thank you!

Gagne/Gagner

Leslie La Brie-DePue (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Gagner, Gagne
Hi My. Gulickson,
I'm glad to hear from you again. you are a wealth of information. I wish YOU would write a book. I too have Gagner in my direct line starting with Therese'. I would love any info. you have on them. thanks again.
Leslie La brie-DePue LBlackwolf@aol.com
Posted: 15 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2001 2:35AM GMT
Hi Heather

In the History of Barron Co., Wis. 1922 there is some information on the following Gagners: George, son of John and
Kristina (Erickson) Gagner. George m. Inga Peterson, their children; Esther, Evelyn And Roy.

Also Peter Gagner m. Sialine Lavelier, their children: Melanie, Virginia, Peter E., William, John,
Delore, Delphine and Alex H.

John, Delore and Peter each married a Deme(a)r.

John Gagner m. Lida Demers

If these are your folks, let me know.

PS. Your e-mail address bounced, when I attempted to send this to you also.
Regards, Vic

grandfathers fami;y alexander gonyer

Posted: 31 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jul 2001 1:05PM GMT
Surnames: gagner, gonyer, demars, labrie
my grandfather Alexander gonyer came from the rice lake, Barron county area and his father worked for stout in logging. looking for information on him and his family. thanks.

early settlers

Leslie La Brie-DePue (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Demers, Demars, Dumets, Dumay, La Brie, Gagner, Mireau
I have some information and old newspaper articles on these people. OUR family. VIOLA ! connection. Let me know which line and I will send. If you can open GEDCOMs I can send them to you what I have. LBlackwolf@aol.com

alexander gonyer

Posted: 21 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: gonyer, gagner
my grandfather is alexander henry gonyer and my great grandfathers name peter gagner and they settled in the rice lake, barron county area in the 1800,s. If you have some information I would appreciate it. thanks,

alex h. gonyer

Posted: 22 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: gonyer, gagner
i just read your response to early setlers in rice lake, my grandfather is alex gonyer son of peter gagner. he settled in barron county, if you have any information regarding peter and his family, i would appreciate any help you can give me. thanks, sandy netz

Gagners in Barron and Chippewa Co.

Pat Hall (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Gailloux, Gayou, Dussault, Houde, Gagnier, Gonyea, Caron, McGregor
My great-great-great grandfather Vital/Peter Gagnier/Gonyea was the brother of Jean-Baptiste Gagnier (F Paul Gagnier, M Josephe Caron), who married Francoise Loiselle. Peter Gagner and Louis Gagner (b 28 Oct 1852, m Malvina Labre, d 1916, Rice Lake, Barron Co) were the sons of Jean-Baptiste. Other children I have found are: Alexander, Maxim, Joseph, Marie and Peter (Pierre). Vital and his wife, Helene Belinge (Ellen Bellinger) settled in Chippewa Falls, WI. In my research, I have found Minnesota cousins who recall childhood trips to Rice Lake to visit Louis Gagner, Jr. (m Elizabeth Lavalier). In addition, I have photocopies of photos of Malvina Labre and of Louis and Elizabeth Gagner. I don't have a scanner but if you contact me by Email with a postal address, I will be glad to share copies. I also have a great deal of information about the Gagnier/Gagne line.
Posted: 1 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2001 2:35AM GMT
In a previous letter I said "It is located here" I should have added that I did not find a Gonyer. There are many
names misspelled on that index, not by the transcriber, but the author of this work. Some are recognizable, some will fool relatives. If there is a name on the list that you feel might be a relative, let me know. I have the History here at home and have helped many Barron Co., researcher.

Vic Gulickson
per page

Find a board about a specific topic