Fred J. TRUDELL (1900-2001)

Fred J. TRUDELL (1900-2001)

Posted: 1 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 1:16PM GMT
Surnames: TRUDELL, VANDALLE, WARING, MEHAM, SPOKES, LaCOUNT
Iron Mountain Daily News
31 January 2001

FLORENCE, Wis. — Fred J. Trudell, age 100, a lifelong resident of Florence, died Monday, Jan. 29, 2001, at Florence Villa Nursing Home in Florence.

Mr. Trudell was born July 3, 1900, in Florence, son of the late George and Alphonsine (Vandalle) Trudell.

He was employed by the Ford Motor Co. as a painter for over 30 years and continued as a painter throughout his retirement.

He was a member of St. Mary Catholic Church of Florence.
He is survived by a son, Larry Trudell of Englewood, Colo., and seven grandchildren, 14 great-grandchildren and several nieces and nephews.

He was preceded in death by his parents; one son, Darrel Trudell, in 1968; seven brothers, Arcade, Thomas, William, Bismark, George, Patrick and Amede, and four sisters, Mary Waring, Rose Meham, Emma Spokes and Alice LaCount.

Visitation will be from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday at the Jacobs-Lundholm Funeral Home of Florence. A prayer service will be held at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home.
Funeral services for Mr. Trudell will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the funeral home and at 11 a.m. at St. Mary Catholic Church of Florence. Rev. Fr. Michael Betley will officiate.

The family is being served by the Jacobs-Lundholm Funeral Home of Florence.

The Trudell Family

Posted: 8 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 8 Jul 2001 9:04PM GMT
Surnames: JUDGE
Hi.....my godparents were Ella & Bis Trudell; I was thei
daughter Lorraine's flower-girl...Bis & Ella were at our
home often...WHT...cuz my dad was raised in Florence my an
early pioneer William JUDGE....do you have any info of him??
I also remember their telling story of the movie theater &
livery stable of the Trudells....thanx for your reply

pw

Re: The Trudell Family

Joyce (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2002 12:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
I was looking at the names and saw TRUDELL. I remember my mother Della Gallela talking about her neighbors and Trudell was one of them. On the 1910 census, the Trudell's live 2 houses away from my mother's family. Her parents were Mike and Philomena Gallela. My grandfather worked in the Ernst Mines. Do you remember them? Please reply w/anything you know. Thank you Joyce

Posted: 7 Feb 2002 9:54PM GMT
Edited: 30 Mar 2002 12:58AM GMT
Surnames: Trudell
Hi---Trudell family members still reside in Florence WI (no.
WI) there were several sons--they owned the liverary stable
(horse/buggy stable), later the movie theater--Bismark &
Ella were my god-parents (friends of my dad artjudge) there
is a website--www.florenceWI.com or you can access WI
for Florence WI, info------good luck-----aj

Joyce (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2002 10:52PM GMT
Thank you A.J. for replying. On the 1910 cencus it states that he had a lliverary stable. Thank you again. Joyce

Posted: 13 Nov 2002 8:44PM GMT
Edited: 28 Feb 2004 5:37PM GMT
The Trudell family-also-owned the BIJOU movie theater & their movie adverts. w/special nites were published in the towns
newspaper (Florence Mining News)..Bismark was one of
several boys..Biz mar. Ella they had 3-daughters..(also had a
cottage in Florence) ..was flowergirl to daughter Lorraine T.
good luck...

Kathryn Trudell (View posts)
Posted: 19 Mar 2003 4:48PM GMT
I am the grand-daughter of Amede Trudell. Amede was the brother of Bismark. Amede died in 1963 in Detroit, MI. His son, Edmund is my father. My father is still alive in Eau Claire, WI at age 94. My father has 4 brothers, one deceased while living in Iron Mt. MI (Morris) and three alive in various locations in Michigan (Phillip, Robert and Elton).

Another brother to Bismark, my uncle Fred, died just two years ago at age 100, still living in Florence.

Posted: 19 Mar 2003 9:28PM GMT
Edited: 28 Feb 2004 5:37PM GMT
Surnames: Trudell--
Hello.......nice to meet you....Bismark & Ella were my god-parents--was also the flower girl when Loraine married.. Fall wedding (beautiful) the girls wore wine-velvet gowns & I wore
delicate pink (still have pix)--we visited them often in Milwk &
Florence..(& their family)--my uncle was Wm.JUDGE of
Florence (his home still stands) recently visited Fl... fond memories -- ice cream business yours?? know Trudell family hist??--can assist...---does Iron Mt. have a newspaper??
Thanx for writing me....keep in touch....aj (pat J.)
bhreitheamh@yahoo.com

Joanne (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2003 5:00PM GMT
Surnames: Trudel Trudell Trudelle Sturtevant
Hello Kathy,
I have been corresponding with Dwayne re: your father Edmund. I am sending him information tomorrow so that hopefully he will have it upon your arrival. Looking for to talking to you.
Joanne

Posted: 27 Dec 2003 12:02PM GMT
Edited: 14 Apr 2005 7:59PM GMT
Surnames: Trudell, Tweedale
My husband's great grandfather was William Trudell who ran a livery stable in Algoma Wisconsin. He had also lived in Kewaunee Wisconsin. His wife was Emeline Tweedale Trudell. Would like to learn more about them.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic