Search for content in message boards

Agatha Murphy

Agatha Murphy

Posted: 13 Jun 2012 10:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am doing research on Agatha Murphy who was Marie Antionette's sister-in-law. It was said Agatha Murphy was evacuated to Asylum PA by Albert Gallatin during the French Revolution. She was part of the French Duquesne, Guiton, Murphy and LaSalle clan of Explorer Robert LaSalle and Hunter Tim Murphy. Hunter Tim Murphy was an associate of General Lafayette at the Battle of Saratoga.

I was wondering if anyone had records on Agatha Murphy other then she was the daughter of King Louis XV.

Re: Agatha Murphy

Posted: 14 Jun 2012 6:49AM GMT
Surnames: Murphy
Hi
I think the Agatha you're looking for is Agathe Louise de Saint-Antoine b.20 May 1754 in Paris. She was an illegitimate daughter of Louis XV by his mistress Marie-Louise O'Murphy.

Records indicate that Agathe married Rene Jean de la Tour du Pin, marquis de la Charce and died just nine months later on 6 Sept 1774 following a miscarriage. (And 15 years before the French Revolution).

Linda

Posted: 14 Jun 2012 3:47PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jun 2012 3:50PM GMT
That is interesting.

The record I have is her Murphy family was evacuated to Asylum PA in 1794 by Albert Gallatin and Benjamin Franklin. Prince Father Galitzen was the paster of Asylum PA. I have a book on Asylum PA and the approval process of Asylum PA headed by Robert Morris out of Philadelphia.

The Gratz/Myers family out of Philadelphia had the contract for Asylum PA Supplies.

Thus my research. I find the Murphys involved in Benjamin Franklin's bank called The Corn Exchange Bank in Philadelphia and LaSalle University in the 1930's.

I actually have more on this that involves Judge John B Kelly the father of Princes Grace Kelly.

Posted: 14 Jun 2012 7:09PM GMT
Surnames: O'Murphy
As an illegitimate daughter of Louis XV, Agathe's birth, baptism, marriage & death are all clearly recorded and she definitely died in 1774, just months after Louis XV.

She was survived by her mother, Marie-Louise O'Murphy, who went on to marry three times and had several children, and who was imprisoned during the French revolution because of her connection to the royal family. She managed to survive that and died in 1814 age 77.

Marie-Louise was one of seven children so I suppose it's possible that the Murphy's you are looking at could be part of her extended family.

Linda

General Lafayette

Posted: 14 Jun 2012 9:02PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jun 2012 9:05PM GMT
Would General Lafayette or his daughter Virginia Marie Antoinette know this Murphy family? General Lafayette started Mount St Mary's College in Emmitsburg MD with the Calvert family of Lord Baltimore and Bishop Duboise.

The Good General's foster brother, Dr Felix Brunot, is buried in Pittsburgh at Allegheny Cemetery. The rest of the Murphy and LaFayette group are buried at Versailles Cemetery in Pittsburgh.

One big donor to the restoration of Versailles in France was Franklin Murphy.

Do you think Benjamin Franklin would know this Murphy family?

The records clearly show Albert Gallatin saving a Murphy family living at Versailles Paris in 1794. Then records are clear they are living at Asylum PA in 1795.

I know for sure this Murphy family had a connection to Princes Grace Kelly in Philadelphia through LaSalle University.

My take is that the Murphys belong to the Duquesne Guiton Murphy and LaSalle family of Explorer Robert LaSalle.

Prince Rainier

Posted: 16 Jun 2012 1:17AM GMT
Edited: 16 Jun 2012 1:20AM GMT
So exactly who was Prince Rainier related to? I do know he married actress Grace Kelly and her father was Judge John B Kelly of Philadelphia.

He and his wife were close friends with the Murphy family from Asylum PA who ran LaSalle University in the 1930's.

On the wall in the main area of the University, the name Hon John B Kelly sits with a few other well known Catholic names. At first, the University claimed that was Princes Grace Kelly's father. Later they said they were mistaken as there where many Catholic Judge John B Kellys in the Philadelphia area in the 1930's.

Then they decided to seal all the operation records of the Murphy family on the Murphy family running LaSalle University in the 1930's.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic