Search for content in message boards

James D and Richard S. CASSIDY

James D and Richard S. CASSIDY

Posted: 8 Jun 2006 12:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Dec 2009 2:51PM GMT
LOOKING FOR FAMILY OR INFO ON BROTHES'
JAMES D. CASSIDY AND RICHARD S. CASSIDY.
PARENTS WERE IRWIN (d. 1977)& MARY K. CASSIDY. GRANDPARENTS WERE JAMES F. & ISABELLE GRACIE CASSIDY.
IRWIN & HIS BROTHERS' LINUS & C. NORBERT HAD LIVED IN RICHMOND WHILE GROWING UP IN THE 20'S. IF ANYONE CAN HELP, CONTACT ME AT -bjdar29@aol.com THANKS

Re: James D and Richard S. CASSIDY

Posted: 16 Dec 2009 11:52PM GMT
Edited: 19 Dec 2009 2:51PM GMT
Hello, I was once a close friend to the Cassidy.I would also like to find james (jamie). Please let me know if you have any info on the Cassid family Thank you Sharon

Posted: 13 Feb 2012 3:39AM GMT
Classification: Birth
Surnames: olson
hi i have info for you on James and Richard. They were my mothers step brothers . There father Irwin was my mothers father too. No one knew about my mother .Irwin got my grandmother Peggy olson pregnant and he was married at the time so when my mother was born Peggy left her in my great grandmothers hospital Alta Bates founder of Alta bates hospital in berkeley ca, so Alta bates raised my mother. I took care of my mother the last 11 years she was alive ,she died in 2008 in Oakley cal. and one year before she died i got a phone call from James and Richard Cassidy claiming to be my mothers half brothers. I was shocked to find out that my mother had 2 half brothers . My mother said she didn't know about them until the day of her father s funeral when she was at his funeral she was introduced to James and Richard .My mother never told me and never again seen them or talked to them until the day they found her when i answered the phone. So we went to James home in walnut creek cal. a few years before she died. Mary k. Cassidy was there and told us she knew about my mother all those years but never said anything to anyone about her out of shame for her husband. my mother only saw her father once a year on Christmas for one hour. She never asked him questions on those visits so she had no idea that he had another family some where . hope this helps and yes my mother should be added to the cassidy family tree please she deserves to be added and acknowledged. signed Cynthia Alta Olson Heth, daugther of Joanne Cassidy her date of birth was 1-25-1932 born in berkely ca. at Alta bates hospital.

Posted: 23 Apr 2012 3:33AM GMT
wow.....

Posted: 24 Apr 2012 6:52AM GMT
James and Richard Cassidy are my mothers half brothers .Irwin Cassidy was there father. My Mothers name was Joanne Cassidy. Alta Alice Minor Bates (founder of Alta Bates Hospital Berkely Ca.) raised my mother.My Mothers name was Peggy Collison.I'm trying to find out if they were ever married?My Mother was born 1-25-32

Posted: 6 May 2012 5:14AM GMT
hi my name is Sharon Campbell i knew both brothers well. i am an old friend of the family's. i have lost contact with them years ago,can you tell me how to reach them especially James or his daughter Annie. thank you sharon

Posted: 10 Jun 2012 6:43AM GMT
Surnames: BATES AND CASSIDY
Hi Cynthia, Your post is amazing. I may have some information for you. I have found two articles about Ursula 'Peggy' Bates and Irwin Cassidy's marriage in Reno, Nevada.
One of the articles is in the Oakland Tribune October 17 1930. I'm not sure if the article is on the front page of the newspaper or on the front page of the "home edition" section.It is titled "Wedding Told" and speaks of Irwin as a young dancer who aspired to become a doctor and who was also "unofficially" adopted by Alta 6 years earlier. There is a picture of both Peggy and of Irwin. The article states Peggy and Irwin were married August 7 1930. It also states that Alta wanted Peggy to delay the marriage due to her youth and Irwins studies but Peggy asked that her 18th birthday present be permission to get married. Apparently Peggy was also a dancer and the marriage would "not interfere with a trip to Europe" with leading dance artists. (????) Another interesting statement was that "it had not been planned to announce the wedding until after young Cassidy completed his pre-medical studies at St Marys College this year but the secret was radiated in the happiness of the young couple and the news was told."
The other article is in the Reno Evening Gazette on October 18 1930. It is titled "Here's Romance to Defy Movies; Culminates Here". It a shorter version of the Oakland Tribune article.
These articles bring up some interesting ideas. Was Irwin married when he got Peggy pregnant or did the relationship fall apart and his eventual marriage and family keep him from acknowledging his child. On the other hand if he and Peggy did get married why would he keep his child a secret. It makes me wonder if the articles were even true and only written to make the public think there was a marriage. The other thought that came to mind is if your Mom's birthday year is really 1932. Maybe it was altered from 1931 to 1932. Given the embarrassment of the times and the authority Alta had it could have been a real possibility.
Let me know what you think. Who knows, maybe I'm totally off base and acting like a wanna be detective :)
I hope to hear from you.
All my best.

Posted: 10 Jun 2012 9:18PM GMT
Surnames: olson,cassidy ,bates, collison,
Well I think you are a very good detective because I belieive your 100% right. My mom was hiding and she only saw her father for half hour on christmas every year. I read those articals also and thought it was a cover up. I know he was married to a woman named mary kay and she had two sons. My mother was told when she was in her 50's that her mom and dad were never married. Broke her heart ,all her life she believed they were married when she was born. I didn't know how Irwin came into Altas life and I'm wondering how long he lived with her. And whowas Peggys mom and dad? Peggy was born in Alta"s hospital and was left there by her mom ,also an unwed teenager? Thank you for clearing up this and thank you for your interest in my family history. The truth is good to know.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic