Search for content in message boards

Henry Baker b.1794 Somerset, Pa

Henry Baker b.1794 Somerset, Pa

Steve Baker (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 2000 12:43AM GMT
Looking for the parents of: HENRY J.BAKER,
He was born January 06, 1794 in Somerset Cty , Pa, and died June 10, 1867 in Darke Co, Oh. He married (1) ELIZABETH POE May 21, 1815 in Montgomery Co, Oh, daughter of GEORGE POE and CATHERINE. She was born 1797, and died 1860. He married (2) MARY FLORY September 26, 1861 in Darke Co, Ohio, daughter of JOSEPH FLORY and ELIZABETH BEEGHLY.
Any info would help, Thanks

Henry J. Baker - Somerset to Montgomery Co.

Posted: 1 Apr 2000 8:05AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 10:02PM GMT
Steve,
I am not sure I have the confirming details,
but for starters I'd look at the family of
John Michael Baker, generally known as Michael, who is a son of Jacob Baker b 1731,
an early settler in Quemahoning Twp., Somerset Co., PA. This Michael Baker md.
Catherine Smucker and took his family to
Montgomery Co., OH. As early settlers there,
the Michael Baker family is, I believe, rather well documented so if your Henry J.
Baker does belong to this family it should not be too hard to discovery. It would seem
that places and time frame are about correct.
All I can add off the top of my head is that
they were Dunkards or Brethren. I don't
know that my Baker line connects to these so
I have not carried this further.
Posted: 10 Apr 2000 4:27PM GMT
Edited: 8 Aug 2001 3:29AM GMT
Steve,
Haven't we talked before? Saw your name and recognized it. Email me!! Have lots of stuff on Baker's, but am having trouble with a connection. Also, Richard Blue's info in his reply coincides with what I have (Henry J. is supposedly nephew to Michael Baker. Also, Henry's son, Elias, married Mary Baker, grandaughter to Michael.) Can't seem to find anyone with the ACTUAL connection, though.
Have also found lots of conflicting info on how far back the line actually goes. If you would like, email me for further details!

Crystal C. Halcomb
Ludlow Falls, Ohio
cryshalcomb@yahoo.com

John Baker, Reply to Richard Blue

Posted: 20 Apr 2000 4:04PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 8:27PM GMT
Hi! I read your msg, concerning a John Baker with 15 Children, by chance did this John Baker die in Hawaii in 1936, the reason for this question is the my grandmother married a John Axell Baker who were married once before with 15 children according to his death newspaper article. I know he was not from Hawaii he used to sail on a ship from here to ?. I have no idea where his from or if he had any family etc. Does anyone heard of John Axel Baker? Stella

henry john baker

sherry baker wingrove (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 2000 5:23PM GMT
henry john baker from somerset pa. is my gggrandfather he stated bakersville, pa. near somerset came lancaster co. married susan never went to ohio lived and died there i have full gene. from coming from germany to here if you would like more tell me

Henry Baker

Posted: 6 May 2000 8:36AM GMT
Edited: 8 Aug 2001 3:29AM GMT
Would love any info. you have on the Baker's. Do you happen to have Henry's father? Email me at cryshalcomb@yahoo.com Thanks!!

Henry BAKER of Somerset PA connection to John BAKER of Somerset?

Posted: 21 Dec 2000 8:02PM GMT
Edited: 13 Sep 2001 4:23AM GMT
Sherry, is it possible your Henry Baker (9-29-1786 to 6-22-1863) is a brother to my John Baker, b. 1784, who lived in Southampton Twp. and Larimer Twp., Somerset Co.? The probate file of your Henry's daughter Mary was labeled "Larimer Twp." Since John and Henry were born two years apart and both lived in the same county, and since Henry's daughter Mary's township was the same as my ancestor John's, I thought they might be brothers or cousins. I have been at a loss for my John's parentage. Email me at maresa.brassil@home.com.

Re: Henry Baker

Posted: 18 Dec 2009 7:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Baker, Young, Kooken, Hostetler
Henry Baker founded Bakersville, PA. He was the son of Philip Baker who came to the U.S. from Germany Sept. 30, 1747. Philip married Catharine Kooken and they had nine children. One of them was Henry.

Henry married Eve Young they had 14 children.

This is what I have from records my 91 year old mother has.

About Henry Baker (According to the records from W. Henry Baker d. June 22, 1934.)

Born on Sept. 29, 1786 and died in 1870. He married Eve Young- born Sept.21 1789. she died on May ll, 1869. Henry was the founder of Bakersville, PA. Henry Frick and Andrew Carnegie were his friends. They would often visit him at his farm. Henry owned Bakerville House. It was a stopover for stage coaches and anyone travelling over the mountains. He served meals and had sleeping accomodations for the travellers. Since there were no banks in Bakersville, Henry would keep silver coins in a baskets and store them in the attic of his home. Henry owned a distillery on their property. He would deliver the whiskey by the wagon load east and west. Hnery gave each of his children a farm from his acreage and donated the land for the church and cemetery at Bakersville.

If you want names of all of his children or the names of all of his brothers and sisters, I have them. Lhoke@ut.edu
Henry was my GGGGG grandfather

Posted: 29 Apr 2014 6:08AM GMT
Do you know the name of Philip's brother who came from Germany, with him?

Posted: 19 May 2014 3:16PM GMT
Sorry for the delay. According to the records I have Phillip Baker came to the U.S. on the Neptune and arrived on Sept. 30, 1747 he was accompanied by two brothers Henry and Andrew and one sister Mary. Henry married Eva Keiffer. Andrew married Mary Ohler and Mary married Michael Mowry.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions