Search for content in message boards

kennedy's

Posted: 6 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Aug 2001 7:35PM GMT
Surnames: kennedy
i am looking for info on Agnes Kennedy, lived in Killyleagh Co Down married Alexander Brown had two children William and Maragaret, Agnes Alexander and William have since passed away but would love to find some info on Margaret or indeed my gggrandmother Agnes.....
Posted: 30 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: kennedy
Mike you sent me info on what i have now found out to be my Agnes Kennedy, She married Alexander Brown a Labouer on 15th Feb 1915, His father also Alexander , her father being a John Kennedy, they went on to have two Children William and Female Brown. Both Agnes and Alexander died young, her we think of breast cancer although not reconised as such then and Alexander we are not sure, both died relativerly young. William left Ireland to join the armed forces here in England and later died in a road accident 1965. The female child we had thought to be Margaret we can find no more info on. So i would like to say thanks for info supplied she was my Agnes ....is she your Agnes too?
Any more info would be greatly appreciated.

Brown/ Killyleagh

Posted: 17 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 1:53AM GMT
The 1886 Down Directory for Killyleagh does not list any Kennedys but has two farmers, father and son named Brown.
H. Brown, Tullychin
Brown, Jnr. "
Vol. #6 of the Ulster Gravestone Inscriptions published by the Ulster Historical Foundation, 12 CollegeSquare East, Belfast includes Killyleagh as does Vol.#7. Both would be necessary.

Early Killyleagh church records

Posted: 18 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 1:53AM GMT
In 1990 J.McGiffert wrote in North Irish Roots (North of Ireland Family History Society magazine) that the Killyleagh and District Branch had information of early Presbyterian Church records from 1692-1758 and 1885-1882. Also some records from 1812-1835. I believe these or copies have been sent to the Public Record Office in Belfast. Mr McGiffert's address was given as:
Mr John McGiffert,
21 Ringdufferin Rd.,
Toye, Downpatrick,
Co. Down,
N.Ireland

Those with Killyleagh ancestors might possibly obtain information which is otherwise not available. For anyone doing family research in Northern Ireland it would be worth while joining the Society and receiving their most informative magazine which has information difficult to find otherwise. They can be contacted c/o Queen's University School of Education,69 University St., Belfast BT7 1HL

brown/kennedy

Posted: 18 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: brown kennedy
the browns u have mentioned may well be related who knows, the relatvies that raised my grandfather and his sister where farmers , app befor the relative died he set fire to the farm to save any one from argueing over it? if true or not....i am new at this game and trying to get details is hard ....post in response to shrigley will give u a little more details of whom i am after finding.any tips on where and how to find out about irish relatives ...when u have little or no details would be appreiciated ...thanks :)

Re: kennedy/ Brown

Caroline (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 2002 4:51PM GMT
I am looking for any info on Browns or Kennedys from Killyleagh or Shrigley any thing would be or a great help........
Thanks
Keep drawing blanks so will try any avenue ....

john wilson (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2003 6:36AM GMT
I have some infomation on the brown family of killyleagh and surrounding district fromaround 1811 to late 19th cent.
eg. alexander brown farmer born 1806 married jane taylor.
Is this likely to be of any help.

caroline wakefield (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2003 4:07PM GMT
Many thanks for your replie to my message and yes most deff any info you have would and will be of a great help. If you cold repie either to this posting or directl to my email address which is : wcally999@aol.com
many thanks once again Caroline

Posted: 26 Sep 2003 5:12PM GMT
Edited: 3 Jan 2005 5:28PM GMT
Surnames: KENNEDY, BROWN, ORR, MCKELVEY, KERR, CAMPBELL, LAWTHER, McCOMB, RITCHIE, CARR, CARINS
Greetings:

I don't use this message board enough to really know how to use it. I think I am somewhere on the front of this string of messages.

I saw your message to caroline about information on Brown Family in Killyleagh.

I have a Sarah (Mary) Brown from Killyleagh. She married a David Kennedy in the early 1820's or 1830's.

I would also appreciate any information on this family (and related families, especially Kennedy's) if you would be so kind.

I am also trying to create several databases;
1. Kennedy's of county Down
2. Killyleagh families
3. Killyleagh researchers.

Any information for these databases would also be appreciated.

Re: kennedy's

margaret simonsen (View posts)
Posted: 6 Dec 2003 4:07AM GMT
Surnames: kennedy/friars
hi - my gr.gr.grandmother was a christina kennedy.
she married john friars, and there about eight siblings born raffrey,down,ireland,killyleagh,down,ireland,barnamaghery,down,ireland.my gr.grandfather james,(born 1858)came to new zealand and married there on 30th.june,1882.there appears to be eight children in all elizabeth,john,william,isabella,jane,thomas kennedt,mary and james(the oldest)
anybody got any information, would be greatly appreciated.thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic