Search for content in message boards

Jannsen/Bahnsen help

Jannsen/Bahnsen help

Paul Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 24 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jannsen, Bahnsen
I am searching for information regarding my grandfather Hans Momme Jannsen (b. 1859) and my grandmother Elise Bahnsen(b. 1859). They were both from Niebul Schleswig-Holstein.

BAHNSEN/JANSEN/HANSEN/ALBERTSON/ALBERTSEN

Posted: 22 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 5:55AM GMT
Surnames: HANSEN, ALBERTSON, ALBERTSEN, BAHNSEN, JANSEN, JANNSEN, JANSAN, JANNSAN
I wondered if you have found any more information on your BAHNSEN/JANNSEN Grandparents. Mine would be from the same time period, 1850s and place, Schleswig-Holstein. I'm not certain of the spelling but on the doc.I have, it looks like:Sanky BAHNSEN m. Christena JANSEN (They had 6 daughters). Nicolaus (aka: Chris and Nick) HANSEN 1857 - 1934 m. Margaretha ALBERTSON/ALBERTSEN b. 12 Jan 1866 d. 1954 (They had 3 children, Emma, Sophie or Sophia and Frank.) All 4 Greatgrandparents, moved to the U. S., State of Iowa, Clinton and Scott Counties. Frank HANSEN m. Anna BAHNSEN, they had 2 children, Melvin and Irma. Melvin was my Father. Thank you, Beverly

Re: BAHNSEN/JANSEN/HANSEN/ALBERTSON/ALBERTSEN

Posted: 7 Nov 2007 2:58PM GMT
Do you have any more information on Sanky and Christena? I believe they were my husbands great grandparents. I am having a hard time finding anything about them...

Thank you for your time

Rita

Posted: 8 Apr 2008 10:17AM GMT
Hello,
a friend of mine has Bahnsens in his family. His mothers maiden name was Bahnsen. The family is located in Kiel/Schlewig-Holstein.
If you are interested I can ask him to find out more.

Btw. I think the name Sanky is wrong. Could it be that it means Sönke and Christina? Sönke was and is a popular name in nothern Germany.

Greetings from Germany

Posted: 8 Apr 2008 3:46PM GMT
Thank you. Any information you could find would be wonderful. I would imagine the proper name would be Sonke. Maria Bahnsen and Bernhardt Peters were my husbands grandparents. I am stuck all the way around with them....

Return greetings from Florida

Rita

Posted: 9 Apr 2008 5:09AM GMT
Hi Rita,
yesterday I had a phone call with my friend in Bremen. His mothers maiden name was Bahnsen. She died years ago. Last year died his grandfather, unfortunately I forgot his first name.
He was born in 1920 and my friend told me that his grandfather has mentioned direct family connections to Niebüll.
But we were not able to discuss this issue in detail, there were other currently very important thinks regarding his family to talk about.
So if the circumstances are better I will ask him for more details. At the moment it is not the right issue for him.

Hope that helps for the moment.

Best regard from Germany

Posted: 9 Apr 2008 1:18PM GMT
Thank you again. Hope all goes well for your friend. Look forward to hearing from you again.

Rita

Posted: 24 Jul 2008 9:43PM GMT
My husband has family by the last name of Hansen from Schleswig-Holstein area. His grandfather was John Martin Hansen, born 9 Dec 1880 and his great grandfather was Peter Hansen (both born in Schleswig-Holstein). Do you know either??
Thanks,
Joyce

Posted: 5 Aug 2008 8:31PM GMT
Surnames: Roenfeldt, Janssen, Johannsen, Weetz
I am looking for Christina Elizabeth Janssen; Born: 1816 (sometimes listed as Jansen) (Her grave marker in Fairmount Cemetery say's Nee Janssen). She was married to Hans Friedrich Ronnfeldt. Married in Germany. Came to U.S./Scott County Iowa in 1870 as a widow with her two sons, Johannses Heinrich (b. 8/29/1851) and Fredrick Wilhelm (b. 8/18/1853). Her daughters came to U.S. earlier about 1861. They are Catharna Dorothea Roenfeldt (b. 10/08/1845) and Wilhelmine Maragaretha Pauline Roenfeldt (b. 4/2/1849.
Thanks in advance.

Posted: 6 Aug 2008 5:30AM GMT
Hello,
the site where you found most of the info you have posted
has a new contact-address : kl.struve@gmx.net

I am aware that the contact link on www.rootdigger.de
was not workable for a week because of a blank that should
not have been there. But I think I fixed that with the last
upload.

(64.500 emigrants / immigrants listed - more than a solid
quarter of all Schleswig-Holsteiners who emigrated before
1900 and not far from a quarter of all Schleswig-Holsteiners
who emigrated before WW 2)

Greetings from the "Old Country",

Klaus (Struve), Kiel, SH
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions