Search for content in message boards

Battle Creek Sanitarium Patient Records

Battle Creek Sanitarium Patient Records

Janet Link (View posts)
Posted: 20 Nov 2003 5:03AM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone know where the old patient records for the Battle Creek Sanitarium might be housed? I'm talking about records from around 1916-1917.

Re: Battle Creek Sanitarium Patient Records

Posted: 12 Jul 2010 5:04PM GMT
Did you ever find any records for the Battle Creek Sanitarium? I would like to find employment records if that's possible. Anyone have any ideas if those are archived anywhere?

Posted: 13 Jul 2010 10:11PM GMT
No, I never did find them. I need to make a trip to Michigan and see if they still exist. I wonder whether the State of Michigan Library would have them -- it has quite an extensive history collection.

Let me know if you find anything, and I'll save your email in case I ever find anything.

Janet

Posted: 13 Jul 2010 10:21PM GMT
I would check with the State Library. I just found out they do not have any employment records. But, they do have a lot of other information worth checking into.

Posted: 13 Jul 2010 11:05PM GMT
I'm going through my archived emails to refresh my memory on where I left off with this search. Here is one reply, and I'll forward any others I find in the hope that the information might help you:

"I don't know who else will answer but there is a Historical
group. in Battle Creek and no doubt they would have the information for you. The records they had and sorted thru were everything you could imagine. Try that."

Posted: 6 Jul 2011 2:11AM GMT
Hi, has anyone found an answer to this yet? I was interested in the Battle Creek sanitarium patient records from around the 1860s if they would even release this? thanks

Posted: 7 Jul 2011 1:06AM GMT
Did you try the headquarters in Silver Spring, MD? Did you try the division that closed the San, in Winter Park, FL?

The organization does have a rather large department of Archives, Records, etc. - but I've never tried them ---
http://ast.gc.adventist.org/feedback.asp?To=WEB&RefURL=w...

Please let us know what happens in your search...

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 4:22PM GMT
Surnames: Link
I did not know to contact these places. I will do so and will let you know if I have any success.

Thanks so much for the lead!

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 5:18PM GMT
I would assume that these are handled like any other confidential, medical records, and are not made available to the public. I know that is the case with the Kalamazoo State Hospital records.

Posted: 26 Sep 2012 5:24PM GMT
Do you think this would still be an issue more than 90 years after someone was a patient and I could prove a familial relationship to the person? There's no family living that could be affected by the release of the information. The woman I'm researching never married and had no children.

Guess I'll worry about that once I find out the records do actually still exist...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic