Search for content in message boards

Ships bringing Polish persons to Greta Camp, NSW, Australia

Ships bringing Polish persons to Greta Camp, NSW, Australia

Posted: 4 Nov 2010 3:07AM GMT
Classification: Immigration
Surnames: Kusy
hi. I'm looking for information on any ships that brought Polish persons to Australia, who then went to the Greta Camp. My grandmother Janina Kusy was married at 17 years in May 1952 at the Greta Camp to an Australian- Vincent Alwyn Harrison. She was born in Poland. all this information I took from their marriage certificate from the NSW BDM register (i purchased a copy).

Re: Ships bringing Polish persons to Greta Camp, NSW, Australia

Posted: 9 Jul 2011 8:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, my mother was also at GRETA CAMP, she came in 1950 and Mums ship was called the DUNDALK BAY.I have been searching for info about mum for years, I have found pearsonal info about her but nothing about the ship she came over to Australia. I have given you some addresses that may help in your search www.naa.gov.au also www.its-arolsen.org and www.dpcamps.org I did find a site where there was a list of ships( I think it may have been a forum) will try to find it again.Were you born in Greta Camp?? I have a lot of photos of the camp am happy to share.

Regards Liz

Posted: 9 Jul 2011 8:43PM GMT
Hi, my mother was also at GRETA CAMP, she came in 1950 and Mums ship was called the DUNDALK BAY.I have been searching for info about mum for years, I have found pearsonal info about her but nothing about the ship she came over to Australia. I have given you some addresses that may help in your search www.naa.gov.au also www.its-arolsen.org and www.dpcamps.org I did find a site where there was a list of ships( I think it may have been a forum) will try to find it again.Were you born in Greta Camp?? I have a lot of photos of the camp am happy to share.

Regards Liz

Posted: 21 Oct 2011 6:33AM GMT
I would like to help you both to find your mother's ship. You will find the information at National Archives of Australia in Chester Hill. Go there. They will help you find it. Not only did I get the ship name but I got my parents immigration papers, all of them, their passport photos, and the dates they left Germany and where they ended up in Australia and the dates.
My parents also came from Poland and I was born in Cowra and when that closed, were lived in Greta Camp.
To finally find this for me was really exiting and I hope you have as much fun getting it.
p.s. If one of your mum's got married in Greta Camp in a Catholic Ceremony, I have found a picture of Father Flynn also who was the parish priest.
Have fun

Posted: 22 Oct 2011 7:20PM GMT
Hi Maria,
I mentioned in the post to Lisa that I have many photos of Greta Camp,did you go to school in Greta Camp as I have many photos of those starting from Kindy through to sixth class, I have a few photos of Cowra. I will leave my email address and if want any photos just contact me and I will send you some lizzie.mick@bigpond.com.

Regards Liz

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 9:27PM GMT
http://immigrantships.net/v4/1900v4/castelbianco19500517_02....

Here is the link for the passenger list for the ship the Kusy family came in on.

Posted: 10 Jan 2013 9:31PM GMT
Here is the link to the Kusy Family Tree that I located on line (posted by a polish relative). http://www.jaceklopinski.pl/individual.php?pid=I435&ged=...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions