Search for content in message boards

Alexander Bielaski b. 1852 in DC, to MD by 1880

Alexander Bielaski b. 1852 in DC, to MD by 1880

Marie (View posts)
Posted: 21 Nov 2004 1:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have been trying to trace the family of the 2nd FBI director Alexander Bruce Bielaski, b. 1884 in MD. The 1880 census shows an Alexander Bielaski in MD who was born in DC in 1852. To my surprise, I can't seem to find any other bio info, other than what's posted on the FBI history, which doesn't include any family info. I've tried the GenWeb sites also with no luck. I was hoping to find out where in Poland the family originates. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Alexander Bielaski b. 1852 in DC, to MD by 1880

Posted: 21 Nov 2004 11:28PM GMT
Alexander Bielaski, FBI director, had father and grandfather named Alexander. Father was Methodist minister in DC and Allegany Co., grandfather was draughtsman born in Poland. Grandmother was born in Ny. Grandparents were in Ilinois about time period of 1840-1845 as first two children were born there. Then there 3rd child Oscar was born in DC as rest of children. I suggest you try New York or Illinois. Jeanne

Re: Alexander Bielaski b. 1852 in DC, to MD by 1880

Posted: 22 Nov 2004 12:11AM GMT
Hi Marie, also found this on Alexander Bielaski, the grandfather, he was in the Civil War. He enlisted in Illinois on 8-10-1861 and was killed on 11-7-1861 ath the battle of Belmont, Mo. His wife, Mary A., filed for his pension. Perhaps you can find some info in his pension file. Jeanne

Thank you.

Marie (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 2004 2:31PM GMT
This is great info. I don't know how you did it, but it's a big help. I tried to search for a possible book about this famous fellow, but couldn't come up with a thing. I appreciate your help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions