Search for content in message boards

Beard/Baird in Western Pa

Beard/Baird in Western Pa

Posted: 17 Jun 2006 12:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BEARD;BAIRD;MORRIS;EVERETT;HULL;ORBIN
I am searching for ancestors of Henry, John, Peter, Solomon, Joseph, Polly and Daniel Beard - all siblings whose parents came from the East to Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania before 1810.
My Beards/Bairds were probably German in background rather than Scotch. They attended a German Lutheran church in Westmoreland County.
Any one else out there doing research on the German Beard (Bard/Barth) line?
Kathy

Re: Beard/Baird in Western Pa

Posted: 4 Jul 2006 9:53PM GMT
I see that you are researching PA Beards and that you have an Everett surname. This is interesting to me because my husband's g-g-g was J.H. Beard born in PA. He moved to MO and his son John Henry Beard was born in MO and came to TX when a very young man. John Henry served in the Civil War and then settled first in Red River Co., TX and then in McLennan Co., TX. His son Robert Rufus Beard had a son Joe Everett Beard, and Joe had Everett Lee Beard.

Do you think these Beard's could be related to yours. I often wondered where the name Everett came from, since all the other names in the family are Robert, James, Edward, Thomas, etc.

Posted: 5 Jul 2006 2:33AM GMT
My grandmother was Mary Everett and she married Ralph Baird. They both lived in Mt Pleasant Twp, Westmoreland Co, PA. The Everrets lived in Westmoreland Co, PA since the early 1790's. The Beards/Bairds were in Fayette Co, PA by about 1800-1810 then some moved to Westmoreland Co, PA after 1810.
My direct line stayed in southwestern Pennsylvania in Westmoreland Co. Before 1810, I don't know where my Beard/Baird line came from. Does anyone out there have any connection to this line?

Posted: 3 Mar 2012 8:09AM GMT
I am also researching the Beard/Baird line in PA. My gg grandfather John Henry Beard was born in PA around 1815. Are you sure they arent Scots/Irish. I see a Henry, Peter, and Susan (mother) listed in 1850 Westmoreland Co census and am wondering if they are connected to my line. Do you know anything about these Beards? My John H. Beard started his family late in life in Henry Co Iowa. Trying to make a connection to PA Beards.

Posted: 15 Apr 2012 12:32PM GMT
I may the decendent of the Beards you are looking into. I am a decendent of a Solomon Beard, with siblings of Phillip, Jacob, Peter, Susanna, John and Mathias and parents of Jacob Beard Sr and AnnaMaria Mary Schmidt Smith. Some of the siblings match your info and some dont. My line is as follows. Solomon Beard - George Wesley Beard - vernon Oscar Beard - Luther Beard - Donld Leroy Beard Sr - to me, Jeffrey Beard. My line is indeed German. From what I can tell my name may have started as Barth and was changed shortly after Hans Peter Barth immigrated to the U.S.I can follow the Barth Name back to 1630 but after that its a little sketchy. I hope this helps. Please feel free to reply with any questions or information you may have.
Jeff

Posted: 15 Apr 2012 2:36PM GMT
Do any of your Beards come from Adams County? I have a Jacob F. Beard that according to his Civ War file was born in 1820 and came from Adams but I can't find him there. His father may have also been a Jacob. In 1850 he was married and in Muskingum County OH. I do not know any siblings or parents. Does any of this sound familiar?

Posted: 30 Apr 2012 3:43AM GMT
I don't know where in PA my gg grandfather came from that's part of my problem. Family stories say the name was changed from Baird to Beard and that they were Scots-Irish. The family is in Iowa in 1860-1870. Then to NW Missouri till 1910 or so. Children were George W., William Riley, Mary J., Henry Herman, Lydia, Henrietta, Almira, Frank, and James Harvey. All born in Iowa 1858-1870. Young wifes name was Mary Jane Stewart Beard. I can't find the father John H. after 1870 Iowa census.

Posted: 30 Apr 2012 12:08PM GMT
Beard0502, would you contact me directly. jlbeard11@gmail.com

Posted: 16 Jan 2013 4:41PM GMT
Hello, found your post about Beard's in Western PA and then moving to Iowa and to Missouri.

I have a Mary (Polly) Beard who married John Burkhart in Somerset County PA (which is bordered in the Northwest by Westmoreland County. They married anywhere from about 1809 - 1817 in PA. The Burkharts moved first to Ohio, then to both Iowa and Missouri in the 1855 - 1880 timeframe.

I am wondering if by any chance you have any information on a Mary Beard / Baird in Pennsylvania born about 1791 ?

Thank you

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 1:14AM GMT
Pjbpatx,

I don't have any information on Beards/Bairds living in Pennsylvania. That is my roadblock. Just know that my gggrandfather John H. Beard was born there somewhere. The migration to Iowa and Missouri does fit my family and timelines though. What other information do you have on your Beard/Baird line?

Contact me at beegee3@q.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic