Search for content in message boards

Loan family from Bath County

Loan family from Bath County

Posted: 25 Apr 2012 3:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching for any information of my grandfathers family. Archie,Leonard,Allen and Willaim's parents were Samuel and Elizabeth Betsy Rhea Loan. I am hoping some distant member of the family still lives in the area and could help me. The Loan family is the hardest of my family to find anything on.Thank you, Wanda

Re: Loan family from Bath County

Posted: 26 Apr 2012 5:46PM GMT
Surnames: Loan
What county and State did Samuel & Elizabeth come from before moving to Bath Co., VA.?

Posted: 17 May 2012 10:24PM GMT
Wanda....I just spotted your post. I have pretty good info on your family....just tell me what you need.

AWayneLowen@yahoo.com

Posted: 21 May 2012 1:36PM GMT
I don't know anything about my great grandfather Archie Legrand Loan. He died when my mom was around 4 or 5 years old. I would love to see any pictures of the family or receive any info you may have. I live in Bedford County, VA. I was born in Eagle Rock and lived most of my life in Botetourt County. Not too far from Milboro. thank you, Wanda

Posted: 23 Jun 2014 6:25AM GMT
Surnames: Fry, Lyle, Loan, Glendye
Wayne, my paternal gg-grandmother was Nancy Jane (Fry) Lyle. Her parents were William Fry and Rachel Loan (d/o of John and Susan Loan). William and Rachel left Bath Co. and moved their family to Belpre Co., Ohio. From there I couldn't find any further information on them. I also have Loan's that married into the Glendy(e) family on my maternal side.

Posted: 25 Jul 2014 10:57PM GMT
Surnames: Grimm
Hi,
My great grandmother was Ira Loan, she married William Wesley Grimm and they lived in Bath County Virginia. One of their children was Ida Mae Grimm, married Clyde Mace from Virginia.

Posted: 6 Sep 2014 11:20PM GMT
Hi wanda,

Does the name Sabina Loan sound familiar? She was my G grandmother. If so, I may have some pics and stories.

Posted: 10 Sep 2014 12:21PM GMT
I welcome anything you have on the Loan family. thank you, Wanda

Posted: 11 Sep 2014 12:05AM GMT
Wanda, I have William Loan born in May 1867. William married Lenora (Swearengin). William and Lenora had a number of children including Louetta Sabina. Louetta Sabina Loan married James Robert Hodge. Sabina Loan and James Robert Hodge had 8 children, one of whom was my grandmother Mabel Virginia Hodge.

I live in Richmond, but am from Bath County. Sabina and James Robert lived not far from Millboro Springs. I know where that house is. It still stands, and if these folks fit your tree, I can tell you where they are interred.Does this sound at all familiar? If so, send me an email and I can tell you more. Tell me again about your Loan branch.

Posted: 19 Dec 2014 8:42PM GMT
Edited: 19 Dec 2014 8:57PM GMT
You threw me for a while, Rebekah, but fortunately, I have a good index of the Loan and Lowen families of Bath County. Your great grandmother was Lulah Alexander Loan, born in March, 1880 (marriage license) or 1877 (1900 census). Her parents were James Lewis Loan and Estaline Ellinger. James Lewis was born to Samuel Loan and Elizabeth J Madison.

Lulah Alexander married William Wesley Grimm on July 25, 1897.

Hope this helps some.

Wayne
per page

Find a board about a specific topic