Search for content in message boards

African American Terry family from orig Texas; migration to Ark

African American Terry family from orig Texas; migration to Ark

Posted: 7 Feb 2002 8:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Terry
my name is Sylvester terry, jr, my dad is Sylvester Terry, Sr his father and mother were Charles Columbus Terry and Artie Mae Moore, Charles Terry's parents were James Wilford Terry and Lillie (Ida) B. Martin; they had 10 children Drewsila, Jack, Eunice, Sylvia, Tyrone, Emma, Doris Jackson(married name), Charles Columbus(my grand father), and Bertha. My dad Sylvester Sr has six brothers and sisters they are Curlee, James Cecil, Clause, Loretta, Easter Mae, and Jim Terry. I do not know James Wilford Terry's brothers and sisters names but do know that his fathers name was Wilford Leon Terry. I do know that something happened that one of James Wilford Terry's brothers had to move to a different stated other than tex and ark; this brother changed his last name. If you have any info please contact me.

Re: African American Terry family from orig Texas; migration to Ark

Angela Levy (View posts)
Posted: 5 Feb 2003 7:17PM GMT
Edited: 6 Feb 2003 5:32PM GMT
Surnames: TERRY, JOHNSON
Your post was interesting. My great grandfather, Hannie Jefferson Terry is from Crystal Springs, MS. I do not know his father, who rumor has it was white, with last name of Johnson. His mother passed on the Terry name to him. He married Gustavia Hilliard Terry also I believe of Crystal Springs MS, and had 3 children, Hanson McKinley Terry, my grandfather who was born in 1925, Clementine Terry, Harry Terry. Not sure if they are all related or not, details are really pretty fuzzy.

Sylvester (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2004 1:31PM GMT
Edited: 3 Oct 2004 11:00AM GMT
We do have a Cleminteen "Meeks" Terry in my direct family; he is my second cousin. he lives in St. Louis, Mo. from Arkansas.

Re: African/ Native American Terry family from orig Texas; migration to Ark

Sylvester (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2004 1:40PM GMT
Edited: 3 Oct 2004 11:00AM GMT
Also how you the Terry family are by are nose; we have distinstive native American noses; we Comanche Indian in our blood line. I am definitely an African American but we still have features of our Native Blood in our Noses.

Angela Levy (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 2004 12:58PM GMT
Edited: 5 Oct 2004 11:29AM GMT
Sorry, the Clementine I am referring to is a woman who died some 20 years ago. Any family from the Mississippi area? Thanks for the reply.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions