Search for content in message boards

Farrell - Castlestreet,

Farrell - Castlestreet,

Posted: 19 May 2010 4:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Farrell / Mooney

I am looking for any information people may have on the Farrell family. My grandmother, Kathleen Farrell was born here in 1922 to Matthew Joseph Farrell and Kathleen Mooney.

I believe Matthew was from Co Longford born in 1904 to Thomas Farrell (1871) and Ann Farrell (1876). I would love to find more information about Kathleen Mooney but I cannot even find a record of their marriage and so I am unsure where to go from here as I cannot find out where they got married.

I have narrowed down Kathleen Mooney to 4 possibles:
1905 - from mountjoy, Dublin
1905 - King Co
1904 - Rathangan, Kildare
1904 - Coleraire, Londonderry

But she could've been born anywhere.

Any information would be great. I have no problem visiting Ireland for records but where would I even begin?

Re: Farrell - Castlestreet,

Posted: 21 Feb 2012 12:03AM GMT
Surnames: Farrell
I dont know any information about Mooney, but I have a connection on the Farrell Side.
My Grandfather was Thomas Farrell 1900 born to Thomas & Anne Farrell in Gurteenagloon Longford.
Would love to hear from you.
ja.ingram at

Posted: 21 Feb 2012 10:22AM GMT
Edited: 21 Feb 2012 10:23AM GMT
Have you got your Grandmothers Kathleen Farrell's birth cert?

On googling Granard seems to be in Longford so was wondering if this was your grandmothers birth record

If Matthew and Kathleen got married in 1922 then Matthew would have been 18, was your grandmother their first child or did they have anymore after her?

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 8:09PM GMT
Hi Farrells- my great grandfather was patrick nannery and he married bridgd farrell(1883-1958)

have you come across anyone with this name or similar? thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic