Search for content in message boards

Vaksdal

Vaksdal

Galynn Young (View posts)
Posted: 8 Apr 2000 6:58PM GMT
Vaksdal is my maiden name My Grandfather moved to the US in the early 1900's. He was Thomas Vaksdal Born Feb 14, 1899.My family has an oil painting of Vaksdal,Norway.Any iformation that could be gotten on Vaksdal or any possible family members please email me at gmyoung_58hotmail.com. Thank you

Tomas Vaxdal

Posted: 9 Apr 2000 3:38PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2002 12:44PM GMT
Hi! I found your grandfather in the 1900 cencus. He is living in a farm or house called "Tysse", but it seems like his parents are running a store. His parents are Tomas Vaxdal, b.1872, and Inga Hansdaughter b.1871. His sisters are Inga b.1895, and Anna b.1896.
If you get confused by the spelling of the name, it's probably just been spelled wrong by the people that wrote it down.
If you want to check out the information, this is the exact web-address:
http://www.hist.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=nfilename=ar...
The names of the places registered on the Vaxdal family (Os, Bruvik and Haus) are all east of Bergen and very close to Vaksdal.
If you want to search for people living in Norway today, I have the phonebook for all of Norway on my computer at work, and I will be happy to do a search for you.
Feel free to ask me if you need help on translation too.

Marianne

3rd great grandmother from Vaksdal, Norway

Posted: 29 Apr 2000 8:53PM GMT
Edited: 31 Jul 2003 4:09PM GMT
My third great grandmother, Gjertrud I. Olsdatter Borsli/Borslien was born 1827 at Vaksdal, Norway. She married Ivar Johannesson Ofstedal/Ofstedahl.
They settled in Freeborn County, Minnesota. This is where she died and is buried. Do these names ring a bell with you?

Re: 3rd great grandmother from Vaksdal, Norway

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 4:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
My great grandmother was Gjertrud/Borsli married to Ivar Ofstedal. They came from Norway in 1864 and settled west of Emmons in Freeborn County, MN. They had 5 children with them the youngest was my grandfather, Iver Ofstedal/Johnson. Could this be who you are looking for?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions