Search for content in message boards

Benjamin Harris Descendants

Additional surnames to Harris

Cindy Harris Fares (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lee, Lewis, Tate, Miller, Anderson
As I go through more papers, I have found more surnames of
women who married Harris men from Albemarle Co! Sound familiar, anyone??

Harris/Spears

Kay,
I am not sure if there is a connection. All I have on Spears is that Richard Samuel Harris married Mary Elizabeth Spears in 1852. She was born in 1835 and died June 7, 1863. Does this mean anything to you??
Cindy

Spears Family

Edited: 29 Jun 2001 3:43PM GMT
Surnames: Graves, Spears, Turner, Lyon, Toms, Ellerton, Jackson
Cindy: I don't have a Harris connection, but I do have
a Ann Graves (b.c. 1788-1795 in Albemarle Co. Va.), m. John Spears (b.c. 1788-1795 Albemarle Co. Va.) on Mar. 3, 1812 in
Albemarle Co. Va.. They migrated with others to Madison Co. Tn. around 1825-1828. Her parents are said to be John Graves b.c. 1750 Alb. Co. and Elizabeth Davidson b.c. 1751 Alb. Co.. Does any of this match up with your Spears connection? Will be happy to share if it does.

Kay

Benjamin Harris Descendants

Surnames: Harris, Ware, Spears, Woods, Anderson
I am searching for any and all info re: my Harris ancestors, who came from Albemarle County, VA and some fought in the Revolutionary War.Also, a Col. Richard Lee and his son William are my ancestors, members of House of Burgesses, VA. My ancestors apparently referred to themselves as the York Harris's--to distinguish from other families with the same surname. Can anyone tell me anything? There was an ancestral home in Albemarle Co., and the last info. I have is that it was owned by Melville Harris, grandson of Benjamin Harris. Melville was born in 1852. Does anyone know anything about my family??
Thanks,
Cindy Harris Fares

Ware, VA

Posted: 12 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Aug 2001 2:30PM GMT
Surnames: Ware

In your surname line, you list WARE. My WARE family was in VA...What is your WARE connection?

Harris/Ware

Posted: 13 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Lee, Harris
Patti,
Hi, I have, in my list of info, researching my Harris ancestry, that on Dec. 5, 1816 Samuel Harris married Sarah Miller Ware. On oct. 16, 1817, Benjamin Harris married Eliz. P. Ware. On another page, it says," Elizabeth Povall Miller (daughter of James and Elizabeth Miller Ware) Married Benjamin Harris, son of Benjamin Harris of Albemarle Co, Va., Private and Captain in Rev. War"
Hope this helps yoy! I am still searching for any and all info on Harris Family of Albemarle Co. and also Lee Family of Va--York County, I think. In my papers from relatives it mentions my ancestors as being Col. Richard Lee, Secretary of the Colony of Va in 1659--It also mentions William Lee and Henry Lee.
Cindy
Posted: 19 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jan 2006 7:56PM GMT
Surnames: WARE
Hi Patti,

Couldn't help but notice your Ware and Harris connection.
I am currently researching my WARE line and my GG-Grandfathers name was William Harris Ware. He was born in 1834 SC to William Ware and Mary Faris/Farris/Ferris. The elder William being born 1796 but I do not know where, although I do believe that I will eventually tie into the Virginia Ware's within his generation or his fathers.

Re: Harris/Ware

Posted: 21 Aug 2001 2:46PM GMT
Edited: 4 Apr 2002 1:43PM GMT
Surnames: HARRIS
Cindy:

I am descended from a John F. Harris (b1790) who supposedly moved from Albermarle co, VA to Sumner co, TN around 1817. I have been unable to find out anything about his family in VA (parents, siblings) but if this sounds like a possible connection and you are interested in descendent info, let me know.

Regards
Phil Streiff

Re: Additional surnames to Harris

Posted: 4 Apr 2002 1:44PM GMT
Surnames: Harris
Did any of them marry a Robert Harris around 1770 in Virginia. He was a private in the Virginia Line during Rev War?

If so, they may be my 4th great-grandparents. Let me know.

Re: Additional surnames to Harris

Cindy Fares (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 2002 1:44PM GMT
Surnames: Harris
Philip,
Hi! I must apologise to you and anyone else who has posted to me. I have not been doing my research for over a year, as I had surgeries and bad health. I am now getting myself organized (my office is a mess!) and when I find all my papers, I will see what I can tell you about Harris and other surnames associated with Harris--from my Harris tree!
Cindy Harris Fares
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions