Search for content in message boards

Hurley from Milltown, Kerry

Hurley from Milltown, Kerry

Posted: 20 Jul 2010 7:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Jun 2013 8:33AM GMT
Surnames: Hurley Lenihan
Looking for descendants of Daniel Hurley and Margaret Lenihan from Milltown who were married about 1835 and whose children include Mary (1836) Johanna (1837) John (1840) Thomas (1843) Jeremaih (Abt 1847) Timothy (1853) Patrick (1856) , Daniel (Abt 1850)and Margaret (Abt 1859).

Re: Hurley from Milltown, Kerry

Posted: 25 Jul 2010 5:05PM GMT

Hello I just read your post on the Hurley Family, I have a Frances Hurly/Hurley her parents were John Hurly and Rebecca Turner,she was born in 1828 I think,any connection.Betty

Posted: 25 Jul 2010 9:56PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jun 2013 8:29AM GMT
Surnames: Hurley Lenihan
Hello Betty,
The 1828 date is a little further back than what I have information. I am not aware of a Rebecca, who were the other children of that marriage and did they stay in Kerry? Do any of yours appear in later census records.From what I know, Jeremaih, Daniel, Patrick, Timothy and Margaret emigrated to New Zealand and at least John and possibly Mary stayed in Ireland.
Mary and Johanna may have died young.

Posted: 25 Jul 2010 11:05PM GMT

Thank you for your reply, in my Hurly family I have Frances, Samuel,Thomas,Charles Mary and Alice, John Hurly's parents were Charles and Alice Hurly I have no maiden for Alice? their other child was Charles he married a women named Catherine, I am sure some of the children left Kerry
I keep looking and maybe I will find who I am looking for,
if it helps Francrs was from Ballymacelligot.
nice to hear from you thank you again

Posted: 23 Jan 2011 11:51PM GMT
Surnames: Hurley
My Grandfather was Thomas Hurley, my mother was Nora Francis Hurley, born in Milltown, Kerry in 1931.

I think my grand mothers name was Francis.

I'm looking for history on the family prior to going back to Milltown next year.

Posted: 12 Feb 2011 11:59PM GMT
Hello,my great great grandmother was Frances Hurly, she had a brother Thomas, she was married to to Michael Scanlon
any connection?.
Betty

Posted: 14 Feb 2011 1:20AM GMT
Surnames: Scanlan Hurly
I don't have a Scanlan/Hurly couple, can you add a time frame or area?

Posted: 14 Feb 2011 6:10PM GMT
Frances Hurly was my gg grandmother born 1826, her parents were John Hurly and Rebecca Turner,Frances married
Michael Scanlon around 1848, they had a large family, one of her children was Thomas born around 1833.
any connection ?.
Betty

Posted: 27 Apr 2011 4:42AM GMT
Hi
I am not sure if we have contacted before, but I am related to these Hurley's/Lenihan's.

I come from Daniel b 1851 and Bridget Sullivan. Their son Jeremiah was my g grandfather.
Do you know much about them? I have some information but I am missing chunks.

Claire

Posted: 22 Jul 2011 10:14PM GMT
You can now get alot of info on irishgeneology.ie parish records.
all the Kerry Baprismal records up to 1900 hundred are free and online.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions