Search for content in message boards

Looking for birth records of esther jane diamond

Looking for birth records of esther jane diamond

Posted: 9 Feb 2011 12:10AM GMT
Classification: Birth
Surnames: Diamond
Her brother was born in banff in dec 1/1889 and need to find birth records for his soster esther jane diamond born 1892 thought to be in banff or ft sask alberta there father William E diamond of the NWMP may have been stationed there in banff

Re: Looking for birth records of esther jane diamond

Posted: 9 Feb 2011 2:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
You need to ask the Alberta Genealogical Society, they have indexed publications of "Births, Marriages and Deaths in Alberta Pre 1905".

For further research please contact the Research Committee of the Edmonton Branch.
http://abgensoc.ca/

The Edmonton Branch
http://www.agsedm.edmonton.ab.ca/

Peter

Posted: 9 Feb 2011 6:32AM GMT
Surnames: DIAMOND
Hi, Contact the Provincial Archive in Edmonton - they may have information re birth record - as transcription.
1901 Census Alberta
TT Alberta #202/ Fort SAskatchewan Q[1]1 page 2
8 18 Diamond Eliza? F Head M Nov 22 1868 33
9 18 Diamond Herbert E M Son S Dec 10 1889 11
10 18 Diamond Lawrence M Son S Nov 29 1890 10
11 18 Diamond Esther? Jane ? ? S Feb 5 1892 9
12 18 Diamond Kathleen F ? S Sep 2 1895 5
13 18 Diamond Evelyn M F ? S Nov 25 1898 2
1901 Census: TT/Unorganized Territories [#206] Dawson City
Yukon, F6 page 7.
24 22 Diamond William E. M M 44

Registration of Birth for the early years - may not hold much information

Alberta

In Alberta, records from 1898 to 1905 are in the custody of the Provincial Archives of Alberta. Transcripts of records can be obtained for a small fee. That office also holds incomplete indexes and registers for the period from 1898 to 1983, which can be viewed onsite.

Cheers, Stella

Posted: 9 Feb 2011 3:48PM GMT
thank you stella i did the birth records search to no luck but hope to find something soon, kevin ps thanks for your help

Posted: 1 Jun 2012 5:38PM GMT
Hey,

This is a distant relative of mine (and I suppose I am a more distant relative of yours). Interesting story...I'd be curious as to what you know on your end.

I don't think you're looking for banff..I think you're looking for Fort Normandeau (now Red Deer):
http://zoominlocal.com/reddeerexpress/2011/03/02/#?article=1...

Contact me for more info...between the two of us we could probably piece together some stuff (if you want to). Heads up: Some of this would have been very sensitive at the time. For me, there is nobody left in my family with emotional attachment to it. I just find it fascinating.

Posted: 2 Jun 2012 1:19AM GMT
Hi how are you related to esther shes my great grand mother

Posted: 3 Jun 2012 6:49PM GMT
Hi there,

We have the same relation to William, but not Esther.

I'll drop you an email,

cheers

Posted: 10 Oct 2012 1:15AM GMT
Provincial Archives of Alberta 89.440/1/97. Registration of live birth #1075. Herbert Egerton Diamond, son of W.E. and Eliza was born in the Electoral District of Banff, in Red Deer. In 1901 W.E. was in the Yukon and Eliza and family (including Esther Jane) were in Fort Saskatchewan. Esther Jane's date of birth there is given as Feb. 5, 1892. In 1892 the family would probably still have been in Red Deer area. You can also get W.E.'s Northwest Mounted Police Personnel records on-line.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions