Search for content in message boards

LICKISS, HAMELET Background

LICKISS, HAMELET Background

Debbie Kemblowski (View posts)
Posted: 9 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LICKISS, HAMELET, ATWOOD
Looking for anyone w/info on these names in the Fayette County area. Atwood and Lickiss are my grandparents, Delilah Hamelet/Hamlett is the great grandmother, dont know where the family lines originate from. Thank you

Lickiss

Sandy Lickiss Isom (View posts)
Posted: 2 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Lickiss
Fayette County-not sure which state. Lickiss is unusual name. I have some information on the family tree. Family originated in England.

Re: LICKISS, HAMELET Background

Posted: 20 Mar 2002 4:40PM GMT
Your last name is not that common. Am wondering if we could have ancestors in commom?

Re: Lickiss

Posted: 5 Jan 2003 12:48AM GMT
I am looking for information on the Lickiss family tree. My dad is the son of Otho Wayne Lickiss who was one of the 17 children of Percy and Delilah. Any information I can find will be great! Thanks.

John Standen (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 2004 6:57PM GMT
Hi,

Yes, it was Percy Dale Lickiss and Delilah Hamlett and I can trace them back to the origin of the family in the early 1500's in Yorkshire, England. My GEDCOM includes some 1040 families across the world, which shows all Lickiss names are related.

Send me your link back to Percy and any others you know about ( birth date, nee names of wives, marriages, deaths, locations, etc) I will update my world GEDCOM and send you a copy, which will link you to everyone else.

I live in Yorkshire and recently organised a get together of UK Lickiss family members at a local pub, so have lots of photo's too.

I can link all the Canadian family back to the US and the US family back to UK.

All the best

John

MATTHEW LICKISS (View posts)
Posted: 1 Nov 2004 5:30PM GMT
Surnames: LICKISS
HI, WOW I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A COPY OF YOUR TREE LINE. I AM THE SON OF LYLE LICKISS, WHO I BELIEVE IS THE SON OF MILBERT LICKISS. I CAN GIVE YOU ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT MY BRANCH OF THE FAMILY. I AM AT WORK RIGHT NOW AND DO NOT HAVE THE INFO. PLEASE REPLY BACK. THANK YOU

MATT LICKISS

Carol Lei (View posts)
Posted: 11 Dec 2005 2:04AM GMT
I have a book on Fayette County, Iowa residents printed in 1891. It shows John Wesley Lickiss but does not show Atwood or Hamelet. I am a descendant of John Wesley Lickiss and have lots ot information. Others have more infornation and I am trying to obtain copies.

Posted: 16 Aug 2008 7:56PM GMT
Hi, I don't think I have made contact with you yet, but I am a Granddaughter of Hollis Lickiss, and your Grandfather Otho was her youngest brother. I would be glad to compare data with you. I have very little on Gramma's brothers and sister or their descendants, so this is very exciting. Please feel free to email dk3098@yahoo.com
Thanks

I am looking for information on the Lickiss family tree. My dad is the son of Otho Wayne Lickiss who was one of the 17 children of Percy and Delilah. Any information I can find will be great! Thanks.

Posted: 16 Aug 2008 8:10PM GMT
Surnames: LICKISS/HAMELET
Please, I would like to exchange info, thank you so much.
Debbie
dk3098@yahoo.com

Posted: 16 Aug 2008 8:26PM GMT
Surnames: LICKISS
Fayette county in Iowa, and yes, I understand that ggf Percy Lickiss is from England, I don't have info on any of his siblings or parents. I would appreciate any info you have.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions