Search for content in message boards

William Stephenson md. Mary Ann Batson

Stephenson,Batson, Cast, Garrison, Mart

Karrie Lee Behling (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stephenson, Batson, Cast, Garrison, Mart
These surnames all appear on a Petition for Partion in the news paper. They must each have a common Grandparent. Over the years I have gathered as much information as I can on these names in hopes that one day I will be able to piece them all together. I will look through my Cast data and try to identify your ancestor.

Thank you for your response.

Karrie Lee Behling

STEPHENSON & BATSON

Edited: 12 Apr 2005 11:17PM GMT
Surnames: STEPHENSON, BATSON, BANKSTON, CASS, CAST
Your post is very interesting, due to the similar info I have on my ancestor, Nancy Jane STEPHENSON, b. 3 July 1838, d. 17 March 1913, m. 19 Nov 1857 John William CAST/CASS in Clinton Co, Oh. Nancy is reported to have had a sister, Florence.

Nancy's death certificate shows parents as Joseph STEPHENSON and Mary Ann BANKSTON -- quite a similarity to your Mary Ann BATSON. I have not found any info on Mary Ann except her grave in Clinton Co, near Clarksville, which is in Vernon Twp.

1870 Washington Twp, Clinton Co census shows John CASS and wife Nancy living with their children and Joseph STEPHENSON, age 76 b. Pa. Civil War pension files for John CASS include an affidavit dated 27 July 1888 from Daniel STEPHENSON, age 55, of Cuba, Clinton Co, Oh stating that Daniel has known John CASS for 30 years. That is about the time of John's marriage to Nancy, thus Daniel is probably a Nancy's brother.

What are your sources for William STEPHENSON and Mary Ann BATSON marriage, dates of birth, etc.? What children do you have? Do you know of any connection to my John W. CAST/CASS and Nancy Jane STEPHENSON?

William Stephenson md. Mary Ann Batson

Karrie Lee Behling (View posts)
Surnames: Stephenson, Batson
I am searching for the parents of William Stephenson and his Wife Mary Ann Batson. They were married 8 January 1849 in Clinton Co., Ohio. William was born 13 august 1826 in Warren Co., Ohio. Mary Ann Batson was born 24 August 1831 in near Vernon, Clinton, Ohio. They are listed on the 1850 census records of Vernon, Clinton, Ohio with an infant daughter Clarinda Angeline Stephenson. Any clues that would help me identify their parents would be so much appreciated.

Thank You

Karrie Lee Behling

Cast, Villars

Posted: 29 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2001 12:22AM GMT
Surnames: Cast, Villars, Harris
Hi -- My ancestors were very early settlers in Clinton County. Some stayed there, others moved to Vermillion County, Illinois. My g-g-g-grandfather was George Villars, married to Eleanor/Elinor Jane Harris -- the two of them stayed in Clinton County their whole lives. Their son Isaiah was my ancestor. His sister Susan first married James Cast and after his death she married his brother, John Cast, who was a widower at that time. I don't know his first wife's surname. I'm not sure if they stayed in Clinton County or moved to Illinois. Might this be the John Cast you are looking for?

family history

gene villars (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
clinton county.......fathers name was earl his father was george villars .......newark ohio

Cast ancestors

Judith Gail Cast Evans (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Cast, Moomaw, Canter
My grandfather was Herman J. Cast m. Mollie J. Moomaw, son Wilbur L. Cast married Anna Lois Canter. all of Clinton Co., Ohio I would appreciate any information you have. Thanks Judy

Herman J. Cast

Surnames: Villars, Cast
Herman J. Cast was born 11-16-1879 and lived all his life as far as I know in Clinton Co., Ohio except for a short while when he moved off the farm outside of Sabina to Greenfield, Oh. Then he and My grandmother Mollie J. Moomaw Cast lived in Wilmington until Grandpa died in 1958. He was married before H married my grandmother but do not know this ladys name. They had at least 2 children a boy Robert and a girl. He used to talk about Glady but I don't know where that is except in southern Ohio. No one liked to talk about this period and most are dead. Mollie and Herman had 2 children Wilbur (my father) and Opal who lives in Dayton, Ohio. Thanks again. Judy

Villars, Cast

Edited: 10 Jul 2001 12:22AM GMT
Surnames: Villars, Cast
My g-g-grandfather, Isaiah Villars, was born in Clinton County and, like many in his family, moved to Vermilion Co., IL in the mid1800s. His older sister, Susan Villars, was married into the Cast family twice:

10. Susan Villars Cast
Born September 8, 1827, died April 21, 1915. She married James Cast (born Dec. 8,
1819, died June 2, 1856). After James’ death, she married his brother, John E. Cast
(born Sept. 19, 1824, died August 16, 1907) who was a widower (his first wife was Mary
Cast, B; Dec. 12, 1828, died Dec. 5, 1856, who he married on July 20, 1844). Susan and
John were married on November 18, 1857. All three are buried at Mt. Pleasant Cemetery,
Vernon Twp., Clinton Co., OH; Mary is buried in Vernon Baptist Cemetery.(John and
Mary had a daughter, Mary Elizabeth Rebecca Cast, born Jan. 10, 1850, died August 2,
1852, buried in Vernon Baptist Cemetery.)

10a. George W. Cast, born September 14, 1843; died October 1, 1869

10b. Francis Alva Cast, born September 16, 1844; died July 14, 1850, buried

same place as parents

10c. John Wesley Cast, born May 9, 1847 (another place says May 19, 1847)

10d. Mary Louisa Clarisa Jane Cast, born February 17, 1849

10e. Sarah Rebecca Celicia Melsinia, born February 17, 1852

10f. James Acquilla Cast, Jr., born February 9, 1855

10g. Minnie Bell Cast, born January 28, 1872. (She was the child of Susan and

John; all other children were fathered by James)arried into the Cast family twice. She

Cast ancestors

Surnames: Cast, Moomaw, Canter, Brandenberg
My grandfather Herman J. Cast married Mollie J. Moomaw son Wilber L. Cast married Anna Lois Canter. I believe that the Brandenberg and maybe Villers inters in here somewhere. They were all of Clinton Co., Ohio. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks Judy

Re: Herman J. Cast

Posted: 3 May 2003 2:22AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2004 12:51PM GMT
Herman was son of:
James Acquilla Cast, Jr. (b. 9 Feb 1855 Oh) & Amanda D. Brandenburg (b. 14 Feb 1860 Washington Twp, Clinton Co, Oh, d. 17 Jan 1907 Clark Twp, Clinton Co, Oh)

1880 census for Vernon Twp, Clinton Co, Oh, pg 206B: James Cast, 26 b. Oh, married, farmer, parents b. Oh; Amanda, 20 b. Oh, wife, keeping house, parents b. Oh; James E, 3 b. Oh, son, parents b. Oh; Bertha, 2 b. Oh, daughter; Herman, 6 months b. Oh, son.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions