Search for content in message boards

TAIMALELAGI, MALIETOA, LILOMAIAVA, PAPALII

TAIMALELAGI, MALIETOA, LILOMAIAVA, PAPALII

Sopolemalama (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2002 4:58AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Jul 2005 12:06PM GMT
Surnames: Lilomaiava, Malietoa, Papalii, Taimalelagi
NEED ANY INFOMATION ON THIS SURNAMES TO HELP WITH FAMILY TREE.MY MOTHER IS SOPOLEMALAMA PUNILOA TAIMALELAGI HER PARENTA WERE ALOALOLELA TOO'A TAIMALELAGI AND EDWARD MANN HER GRANDPARENTS WERE MUTAAGA TAIMALELAGI MALIETOA AND VAOLOTU SAITUMUA LILOMAIAVA.YOU CAN POST A MESSAGE HERE OR USE MY Email- lls9796@moval.edu

Re: TAIMALELAGI, MALIETOA, LILOMAIAVA, PAPALII

Posted: 9 Jun 2002 4:06PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2005 12:09PM GMT
Surnames: Liaiga,Papalii,Taule'alo,Tuatagaloa
Hello there,
My father's name is Enokati Taule'alo, his mother's name is Ulavao Papalii Taule'alo Tuatagaloa. My grandmother also has a sister whose name is Manufou Paplii Liaiga.....If you need any more info let me know. I hope that helps

Posted: 12 Jun 2002 12:11AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2005 12:18PM GMT
Surnames: Fatu,Gatuitasina,Papali'i,Pato,Pouvi,Sani,Taimalelagi,Taulealo,Tuatagaloa
Talofa Sopolemalama
My father's name is Faleolupe Taulealo, brother of Enokati Taulealo. They are two of the children of Ulavao Papali'i-Taulealo-Tuatagaloa. Ulavao is the daughter of Papali'i Fatu, who is the son of Aumau Pouvi of Sapapali'i, who is a decsendant of Malietoa Gatuitasina.Just looking at all the names in your message tell me that we are related. I will try and catch up with Taimalelagi Sani and Taimalelagi Papali'i Pato who live here in New Zealand, because I know they will be able to give you a lot more info to help with your family tree.
All the best with your search. I know this family has lots and lots of roots to their tree.

Totoa papalii (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2003 3:42AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2005 12:29PM GMT
Surnames: Papalii
malo!...hi i dont really kno much about my samoan family history but my last name is papalii...my father past away when i was 11 his name was Malo martin Papalii...his mothers name is Falefia....he wasnt really raised up by her i think he told my mother he was raised by his granparents....his granmothers name i think was....Tusiata...he told us that our family comes from a great line of chiefs in a village i think named Motaa(mutaa)...i dont really kno!!....but i hope i get to learn my family history!umm...i dont kno if this infomation is correct but apparently its tru...my great(however many greats) granfather was a german soldier i hope this infomation will help you.....plz try keep in contact with me this would be a great to talk to you!thankyou and take care and god bless!!!!!fa!love Totoa papalii

uso (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 2004 1:21AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2005 12:20PM GMT
Surnames: Anae,Lilomaiava,Safuta,Tuitoga
these names come up on our family file too..

If you dont mind me asking...but where does all the information come from originally?

I found ours on a church website, and need to confirm the original dates and places..

and find out more about the names and where they come from and what they mean and all.

We are of the Anae family in Falelatai, we come in from Tiumaluali'i Lilomaiava Tuitoga who married Alainu'uoti Safuta.

If you have more information let us know...

uso (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 2004 1:29AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2005 12:30PM GMT
Surnames: ANAE
Hi there

I know your message is two years old but i thought i would reply anyway..

I have some notes of the same family ...but we are of the Anae side, from tiumalualii and alainuuoit Safuta...

I am looking for information aswell...on this topic...

Posted: 17 Sep 2004 11:24AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2005 12:22PM GMT
Surnames: Fonoti, Fraser, Natuitasina, Papalii,, Vainuupo
Hi, I am also definitely of this lineage..I am the namesake of My grandmother - the late Elena Fatuvalu Fonoti Papalii, (Taimalie Tema) older sister of Papalii Manufou..and sister to Ulavao..My father is the well known comedian Siaki Taimalie Tema and I am currently trying to trace the lineage of our great great grandmother Mele Fraser..if anyone can shed any light ..that would be awesome! I recognize alot of the names already mentioned and its good to see that the family names of Natuitasina, Vainuupo and the like are still prevalent today!!

Posted: 10 Oct 2004 8:37AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2005 12:23PM GMT
Surnames: Gatuitasina, Papali'i
Hi Elena. It's your cuzzie here from P..town Weligitone. Hey I've just come back from Samoa with a few notes from my daddy. I have to go through them because they are handwritten and they were done a long time ago. But I know it is of the lineage down from Malietoa Gatuitasina. So to all the Papali'i clan I've seen on here, yes we are all related and when I have time I will post the info on for you guys.
Alofa'aga to everyone. Lots of love to my Uncle Siaki

Sina Papalii-Taimalelagi (View posts)
Posted: 11 Mar 2005 5:33AM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2005 12:31PM GMT
Surnames: Papalii, Taimalelagi
Wow! Hi there!
As soon as I saw these surnames I just knew you had to be related! My name's Sina, eldest daughter of Sonny Papalii-Taimalelagi, your Grandmother Alo'alo'olela & my Grandfather Papalii Sa'umani (Dad's Dad) are brothers & sisters!! What a small world! I have emailed your email addy hoping it goes thru, if not then pls feel free to contact me on my addy - it would be great to catch up and get to know you more since you are my 2nd cousin! God bless, luv Sina : )

Posted: 4 Apr 2005 7:04PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2005 12:32PM GMT
hi there, i havent been to this site for a while. im so glad you email me back. sopolemalama is atually my mothers name shes also known as puniloa, i know all about your side of the family.wow! my name is losa, named after my mom's sister, sonny, panamas's son was just here yesterday visiting us we are both here in washington state. email me back at my email/ losaleah@comcast.net so we can chat i love to get to know you better
send my love to the families
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions