Search for content in message boards

The Brinegar Family of Kentucky

The Brinegar Family of Kentucky

Posted: 24 Nov 2003 4:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Would like to find Graves of mygreatgrandfatherWilliam Brinegar,Great grandmother SusieAnn Brinegar,Grandfather Elige Brock, grandmother Sara Brock,Kids, Earnest Binegar,His kids,Joyce Brinegar,Claudia Brinegar,Susie Brinegar Renfro,Winnie Brinegar Prodom,Her kids, Bertie Mae Brinegar Prodom,William Brinegar Jr., Earman Brinegar,Edward Brinegar and kids,Ralph Brinegar and kids,My grandfather had 4 brothers and 1 sister,Daniel Boone Brinegar,John Brinegar,Joe Brinegar,Eliza Brinegar Sugg,Would like to hear from any of my cousins. I live at 8305 Penny Drive, North Fort Myers, Fl. 33917 phone number is 239-567-0770

Thank you for any information that you have,
Florence Brinegar Cartright

Re: The Brinegar Family of Kentucky

Lew Brinegar (View posts)
Posted: 10 May 2004 11:51PM GMT
I am Ralph Brinegar's son and think I can help you.

Please email me and I'll do my best to fill you in on what I know.

Lew

Posted: 29 Dec 2005 1:15PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jan 2006 4:00PM GMT
Surnames: Brinegar
Hi Florence,
I have been on a quest to find out more information about my great-grandmothers family history. I have been working on the family tree for about a year now and have hit a major road block. I realize that you posted this 2 years ago- but I just came upon it today. My Great-Grandmother is Bertie Mae Brinegar Prodan. She unfortunately passed away a few years back now, but I really did not get the chance to ask all the questions I needed to in order to find out lingering questions that I seem to still have. My mother is a Prodan and married a Brown. The Prodan side is very foggy still as I am still researching. But the Brinegar side I have certain clues, but not enough to know what I need to find out.
Hopefully you might find this- and maybe we can talk- I do not know what that makes us- who is your relative? I have all the brothers and sisters names from a church that they went to in Kentucky. My Great Grandmother stayed there while my Grandpa was still a boy- I have pictures of him on the farm with his pet goat!
Hopefully we can talk- maybe I have stuff you are looking for and vice versa!
I look forward to hearing back from you- hopefully we can help find out the clues that we both seem to be seeking!
Thank you!
Kelley Brown
Toledo, Ohio

Posted: 29 Dec 2005 1:19PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jan 2006 4:00PM GMT
Surnames: Brinegar
Hi Lew
Well I am Bertie Mae's Great Granddaughter and I too would really appreciate any help you can give me. We have had conflicting stories in the past about having indian in us- Blackfoot to be exact. I have been researching for a year now and have hit every major road block imaginable. I am just trying desperatly to put the pieces together and my Grandpa will not help me at all! I have no idea why. He just says that he does not know much. Great Grandma Bertie passed away a few years ago and did not want to get into the specifics about the family history and the bible that had all the clues I need was taken by a greedy relative who will not share the information with me.
Look forward to hearing from you!
Thank you so much!
Sincerely
Kelleryn Brown (my Grandpa is Paul Prodan- Bertie Mae and Dan's son)
Toledo, Ohio

Posted: 29 Dec 2005 3:52PM GMT
Hi Cousin,

Send me an email at sbrine1007@aol.com or lewb@seattlearch.org and I will send you some information that I think will prove to be VERY helpful to you.

I also have some pics which you might find of interest as well. Please say hello to Patty for me.

Posted: 2 Jan 2006 6:50PM GMT
My Name is Florence Brinegar Cartright. I live at 8305 Penny Drive North Fort Myers,Florida33917. My father was William Brinegar and he was a nephew of Bertie Mae Brinegar. You may write to Annabelle Henry
221 Garrett Avenue Lexington,Kentucky 40505. She is a neice of bertie Mae and she has all the information of Bertie's family. Let me know if you here from her.

Posted: 18 Jan 2006 11:14AM GMT
Surnames: Tate, Brinegar
Looking for info on John Brinegar (b. abt. 1806 KY) mar. Rachel Tate (b. abt. 1806 NC)
1850 Census resided Linn Co., MO
1870 Census resided Benton, Cedar Co., MO
9 children:
1. Jane (b. bt. 1833)
2. Susan (b. bt. 1835)
3. Frances (b. bt. 1838)
4. Rachel (b. bt. 1841)
5. Missouri (female-b. bt. 1843)
6. Thomas (b. bt. 1846)
7. John H. (b. bt. 1848)
8. Charlotte (b. bt. 1851)
9. James H. (b. bt. 1869)

any info greatly appreciated
tks much
Carol

Posted: 13 Feb 2006 6:30PM GMT
Not sure if we are in the same line, I have, I think traced our ancestors back to Veith Bruninger on the Britinna from Germany. My tree goes like this:
Veit Bruninger
Hans Adam Brinegar b.1726 d. 1766
Jacob Brinegar d. 1783
Thomas Brinegar
William Brinegar b. 1809
William Thomas Brinegar b. 1838 d. 1927
Alvin Hoye Brinegar
William Thomas Brinegar b. 1912 d. 1980 ( my father)

Please let me know if there are any connections

Thanks, Bill Brinegar - Buckhead, Georgia

Posted: 1 Mar 2006 7:31PM GMT
Hi Cousin,

I'm Ralph's son. Uncle Bill lived in Nancy Ky. Didn't he? Just want to be sure that we are cousins. I have some info and pics that you might like. If so, please send me an email at lewb@seattlearch.org and I also know something of Grandma and Grandpa Brinegar.

Lew

Posted: 1 Jun 2006 8:49PM GMT
We have a similar story. My Grandmother Minnie Brinegar, left 1st husband (possibly Sydney Brinegar).
She had 3 children -Frank Brinegar, Jackie, and Eliza Ann Brinegar.
My mother, Eliza Ann Brinegar, has changed her name, and doesn't like talking about the past. She gives conflicting stories as well.
My Grandmother remarried a Bernie Bridwell.
I am trying to locate Frank (D.?) Brinegar, mu uncle.
My Grandmother Minnie (Vickers)Brinegar was born in Torchlight KY in 1910.
Is it possible we have any connections?
Thanks
Jen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions