Search for content in message boards

WilliamCLIFFORD married Margaret CONDON--Canada

WilliamCLIFFORD married Margaret CONDON--Canada

Posted: 4 Jun 2000 9:53AM GMT
Edited: 9 Jun 2002 5:40PM GMT
I am looking for info on my great grand mother Ellen CLIFFORD family. Ellen was born May 29, 1841 in Otonabee, Ontario, Canada. She m. Michael O'BRIEN May 02, 1858 in Douro Twp., Ontario, Canada. Her parents are William CLIFFORD and Margaret CONDON. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated.
Posted: 9 Jun 2000 2:39PM GMT
Edited: 8 Sep 2002 6:14AM GMT
I don't know if this will help but I have relatives from canada in the 1876 and before. One is clara clifford whuch was born in 1876 and her father Edwin clifford. That is all I have at the moment. I don't know if that is helpful but good luck because I am hunting for family in canada and I am run into walls so I guess I will have to keep on digging.
Bonnie

Re: WilliamCLIFFORD married Margaret CONDON--Canada

Posted: 11 Apr 2002 3:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Dec 2004 7:19PM GMT
I am looking for information on a William and Margaret Clifford who had a daughter, Hannah, who was born in Port Hope in 1837. Does this sound familiar.

Posted: 12 Apr 2002 2:23PM GMT
Edited: 9 Jun 2002 5:40PM GMT
Sorry Elizabeth, the only info I have on William and Margaret is posted in my inquiry. I know of no other children other than Ellen.
Betty

Posted: 22 May 2006 2:33AM GMT
Hi Betty. Wondered if you had any new information on the Cliffords of Peterborough County. I learned through her obiturary that my ancestor Hannah, daughter of Margaret and William, was born in Peterborough County. On the 1851 census, I can locate your Ellen with parents Margaret and William in Otonabee and a Hanorah Clifford living with a Condon family in Douro. There is also a young Margaret Clifford living with another family in Douro and a young William living with another family in Otonabee. Wonder if all these Cliffords are related.

Posted: 19 Sep 2007 8:17PM GMT
Hi Betty. I have some new information on this family and do believe it is the William Clifford family I have been looking for.

Elizabeth Moye

Posted: 20 Sep 2007 12:50PM GMT
Hi Elizabeth,

What a coincidence I spent an hour yesterday Searching Passenger lists looking for William Clifford, then I get this email.

I have just starting getting back into my genealogy, about 2 weeks ago. I have found William Clifford in the 1851 Canadian Census, Canada West, Peterborough County, Otonabee Township. District 2

William Clifford--Farmer--Born Ireland--Catholic--Age 48
Mrs. Clifford Born Ireland--Catholic--Age 40
Ellen Clifford Born Canada--Catholic--Age 13
Mary Clifford Born Canada--Catholic--Age 1

From this Info, this makes William birth year around 1802-03, and his wife around 1811.

I would be very grateful to find out what info you have found.
Betty

Posted: 21 Sep 2007 9:37PM GMT
Hi Betty. There are two other Cliffords in that census living with other families - Hanorah and Margret - both in Douro. I believe they are also members of this family and that Hanorah may be my ancestor Hannah, who married Lachlan McGowan. E-mail me at ermoye2@hotmail.com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions